LIVE-ACTION HERCULES DETAILS

>The script follows the animated movie pretty closely, with a slightly more serious tone and more mythological references. The 12 labors are featured a series of trials Hercules must complete in order to prove his worth to the gods, Iolaus appears as Hercules’ childhood friend who accompanies him in his journey and becomes Phil’s assistant, and the movie ends with a sequel hook of Hercules being invited to join the Argonauts.

>The movie will be a musical. There was apparently some initial reluctance about it since this is a more action-oriented project and the musical element could undermine that, but execs think not using the classic songs was one of the reasons the live-action Mulan flopped, so they worked them back in. They are also working on new songs.

>The Muses will still serve as the movie’s narrators, but they will sing a variety of musical styles including R&B, hip-hop and rap instead of just gospel, and they will interact with the actual characters at various points, disguised as humans. The idea is to cast popular black female musicians for the roles.

>Casting is still in the early stages, but two names that have been frequently mentioned for Hercules are Jacob Elordi and Will Poulter. For Meg a variety of popular young actresses have been mentioned including Zendaya, Hailee Steinfeld, Leslie Grace, Isabela Merced, Dove Cameron, Ariana Grande and others.

>The top choice for Hades at the moment is Nicolas Cage, though some other names have been floated including Willem Dafoe and Christian Bale. Other ideas tossed around have been Kurt Russell as Zeus and John Legend as Hermes. Again, these are all early development ideas. The only actor officially approached at this point is Danny DeVito for Phil.

Attached: 1661735101976130.jpg (1000x563, 128.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ednGSABthu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Willem Dafoe as Hades
Fuck it, I'll suffer through listening to rap music just for this

>variety of musical styles
>Only jogger 'music'
God I hate mainstream pop culture

>Muses singing genres other than gospel
Fuck you, Disney

>>Casting is still in the early stages, but two names that have been frequently mentioned for Hercules are Jacob Elordi and Will Poulter.
Not a black or brown guy? How surprising. Hercules is such great material for propaganda. Big strong black, weak white villains, etc. It's an commie's wet dream

>The top choice for Hades at the moment is Nicolas Cage, though some other names have been floated including Willem Dafoe and Christian Bale.
James Woods is out?

>people missed the music
>let’s include the music
>include music that will actually conflict with the setting of the story
The decision for gospel music was a stroke of genius, this is a mistep

Woods is an outspoken Trump supporter, no way in hell Disney would let him back in

The kids these days only ever listen to shitty rap music, so yeah you'll only ever hear it

>The Muses will still serve as the movie’s narrators, but they will sing a variety of musical styles including R&B, hip-hop and rap instead of just gospel, and they will interact with the actual characters at various points, disguised as humans. The idea is to cast popular black female musicians for the roles.

Attached: burning rage.gif (320x240, 1.11M)

He better bring this energy: youtube.com/watch?v=ednGSABthu8

>Don't look at me
>Don't look at me
LOOK AT ME

>For Meg a variety of popular young actresses have been mentioned including Zendaya, Hailee Steinfeld, Leslie Grace, Isabela Merced, Dove Cameron, Ariana Grande and others.
All of these suck for Meg. She's supposed to sultry and sarcastic, as someone who's older and more street-smart than Hercules. Not some random barely out of college zoomer.

Meds.

wow that sounds fuckin terrible. Hercules wasn't Disney's best but it's laid back energy and borderline Rocky storyline made it fun and engaging, bobcat goldthwait, danny devito. They want a serious tone? Stop watching this shit just watch the original.

Attached: 1660812627177385.png (690x600, 29.05K)

Meg's supposed to be a less hot Mrs. Krabappel. Tired, over it, jaded. Who the fuck is casting these movies?

Source?

Sounds like a typical modern mess where the plot is unfocused and too much mismatched stuff is thrown in.
Then they'll focus test individual scenes and endings and make it even more disjointed.

Emma Stone could probably do a great job, especially if paired with taller, younger male.

It's about time one of these was halfway decent, can it be Hercules? It'd be ironic if what some consider to be the black sheep of the Disney renaissance had the best live action remake.

She's certainly got the husky voice for it. Top of my head, I can't think of anyone else who'd fit

>Guy Ritchie
Oh great another soulless film from this mockney moron

She's only a little too old, but nothing make-up can't fix. Give her that curly brown hair and she'd kill the role.

Maybe age up Hercules a little? Instead of a teenager, put him in his mid-20's?

This sounds absolutely awful. Hercules was ready one of the weakest 90s Disney animated films. Adding a serious tone to it is going to make it unpalatable.
I'm also calling it now:
>the female lead won't need saving since she's a strong, independent woman who will upstage the mc at least three times
>one of Hercules' parents will be black
>at least two gods from Olympus will be race/sex swapped and/or gay
Screen cap this.

>Source?
Some Disney shill. This thread is crawling with them. Miserable blind, loathsome creatures endlessly recycling shit.

>For Meg a variety of popular young actresses have been mentioned including Zendaya

Attached: Mickey.jpg (614x856, 55.02K)