Is ScreenX a meme?

Is ScreenX a meme?

Attached: Regal-ScreenX.jpg (700x394, 24.18K)

this looks obnoxious. who gets tricked into buying these gimmicks?

dos this have special movies made for it? its like triple widescreen ratio

270 degrees of bullshit

Sitting at the front you would miss most of the picture

This is not sim racing

if it ends with X it's a meme
>screenx
>4dx
>imax
ruse to steal your money
>dolby
actually kino

I saw scream 5 in 4DX and it was hilarious. I couldn’t take the movie seriously.

sex is a meme

>if it ends with X it's a meme
sex??

I watched Maverick in Screen X and it was easily the most powerful, memorable cinema experience I've ever had. It doesnt make sense to have screen x for all movies, but for some films, holy shit it rocks.

How the West Was Won, was filmed with 3 cameras and shown with 3 projectors. Seems the perfect fit to bring back a classic film

Attached: web.jpg (2000x1125, 474.74K)

>imax with top and bottom shaved off
>also with 2 black bars on the screen
why?

4dx and IMAX are great tho, you just need to choose the right movie for those fornats

i saw this on a 3 screen cinerama setup in a revival. the tech was cool but the movie was corny and cringe and quite bad

Too problematic

I saw Spiderman NWH in Screen X + 4DX. It was pretty good but then I have reactive lighting at home too so it's right up my street.

Anyway, the Screen X effect only kicks in for certain scenes. Basically just for action and effects-heavy sequences. Stuff like Spiderman's mirror dimension fight against Strange was enhanced by the ScreenX extensions. In other places it was a bit distracting without really adding anything.

In short, I'd only recommend it for films where the visuals are likely to fit the effect.

IMAX is great, 4DX is for 12 year olds

Looks like a waste for anything other than Top Gun.

4chanX?

>4DX is for 12 year olds

Honestly you maybe right, last movie I saw in 4DX was Pacific Rim when I was 13

i watched Alita in 4DX and it was retarded fun. i felt like a retard, it was kinda fun, but i knew i'd never do it again. screenx looks like it's not even worth trying.

AMC dolby cinema is the way to go.