How did they manage to make eight (8) more movies out of a villain whose terminal flaw - literally just acknowledge...

How did they manage to make eight (8) more movies out of a villain whose terminal flaw - literally just acknowledge you're not scared by it - has been revealed in the very first installment?

Attached: Freddy_Krueger_(Robert_Englund).jpg (274x364, 16.32K)

hes just that fucking based

Since when was that a mechanic?

wat

If you aren't afraid he just calls you a bitch and stabs you anyway in your dream

>a villain whose terminal flaw - literally just acknowledge you're not scared by it - has been revealed in the very first installment
>t. hasn't seen the first installment (nor the rest for that matter)
his whole point is that even though the protagonists may overcome their fears and think they've won, he will always come back eventually and they will inevitably meet their end. the movies usually end with the characters facing this reality in terror, if not, he brutally murders his final girl in a future installment anyway.

>he thinks the bus scenes are canon
lol

>literally just acknowledge you're not scared by it -

Tell us how well that worked for Nancy. More to the point: You can't stop an "idea" user, which is why by FvJ, he was weakened because not enough people legitimately remembered his reign of terror and those who did came up with another solution. He was running into this problem as early as "Freddy's Dead".

Somewhere along the line the survivors figured they couldn't be touched period if they weren't dreaming, and tried to just memory hole him.

for me it's Lisa Wilcox

Attached: 1648251324625.png (1309x737, 1.25M)

I accept your concession

Peter Jackson pitched a rejected script that began with children willingly going to dreamland to bully a weakened Freddy that had no power of them.

not gonna lie, that's kinda awesome. I wish Hackson wasn't senile at this point and had some balls left

Ok user, Ok. So, why dont you tell us how they make him go away in every movie?

Not the user, but...
1) turns her back on him decided to take away the power she initially gave him in fear
2) the guy overpowers freddy who was possessing him, sending him back to a different realm
3) buried his bones w holy water
4) defeated Freddy w the powers of the dream warrior having power to undo all of Freddy's wrath
5) another freddy possession but of an unborn child, so finding the child in the dream world and having that child betray freddy, again sending him back to his realm
6) freddy is brought back into the real world and exploded w a pipe bomb, releasing the dream demons that initially gave him dream powers
7) defeating freddy Hansel and greatly style in his other realm (not dream realm)
8) freddy and Jason defeat each other dragging each other into "hell"

Based. Op as usual is a faggot and is conflating Krueger with that jobber pennywise

*grettle style i.e. burning him to death in his own oven/boiler room. The premise being he had made himself into some real life demon/folklore

Yup, it was always more complicated than that, it wasn't just not being afraid, it was eliminating the memory of his existence

Have you ever tried not being scared of something scary.
It's like the people who say just don't be cold you can mask the physical effects but you have to be mind broken for it to actually work "hypothermia leading to death"
I suppose monk's and shit can meditate away a lot of stuff though so there's that

They should do a modern-day sequel where everyone's forgotten about Freddy until some faggot lost media researcher digs up the lore and the killings start again

That would be kino. Freddy was always a profitable franchise, it's just hard to keep the fan base happy w Robert Englund being too old to be a convincing Freddy

There is no real way to override nightmares. Even the toughest people on Earth have nightmares because it's your own brain fucking with you.
So following that logic, someone whose domain is the dreamscape is unbeatable in that context.

>More remakes and sequels
Let Freddy rest in peace

Depends on the person. I have never had trouble waking up from a bad dream. I legit just open my eyes wide and I can feel my real life eyes open and I wake up.

Freddy just has shenanigan dream magic If it wasn't obvious with the plots of all his movies.

Really, only because Englund is Freddy and he can't do it anymore the poor man.