Did you notice that in the past few years, but culminating in the past few months or so...

Did you notice that in the past few years, but culminating in the past few months or so, that seeders for torrents in public trackers have inexplicably been vanishing?
It used to be that a year old or so AMZN web-dl torrent would have at least one complete seeder, but now even month old torrents have 0 seeders. What happened? Were all the seeders russian and they all went off to war?

Attached: 0_CFJ1FkpTAqDCBC_B[1].jpg (700x393, 115.49K)

>using torrents in 2022
Lol newfag

>Did you notice that in the past few years, but culminating in the past few months or so, that seeders for torrents in public trackers have inexplicably been vanishing?
No, I haven't.
2 amazon gift cards have been awarded for your post. Thank you for your service.

But I want to save 20gb versions of movies

You're just a dumb ass faggot that doesn't know how to find shit

We are old, our peers (hehe) are dying and zoomers are tech illiterate
it's over

>Were all the seeders russian and they all went off to war?

You're close but it's not so specific. A larger seeding operation costs money and we're living in hard times for a population that now has other commitments.

>past few years

Torrents have been in long-term decline from a mixture of people being too stupid and lazy to escape streaming services and an associated sharp decline in basic computer skills. The latter is especially worrying in the computer age to have teachers begging parents to get their kids a real computer instead of an iPad because they've lost the the ability to type.

It's especially noticeable in music where we went from CDs where 99% of the money goes to the label to the consumers rebelling with piracy - and now the population is giving money to a middle man with even greater ability to squeeze artists and curate our culture. I fully expect in 10-20 years humanity is going to be a lot poorer in what we have of media in the 20th and early 21st century as a result of all this.

Yeah OK. but where torrent?

10 years in the past.

you will live to see a world without piracy, where files are blacklisted and its enforced via hardware and you are consuming freemium content watching ads getting paid in facebook coins and you're loving it. you're clapping and barking like a seal. ding cricket burgers ready. good fucking goy

Take for example Dog With A Blog. The 1080p DSNP torrent is only a little over a year old and there are 0 seeders. I don't want to suck dick to get into whatever private tracker has it.

Streaming sites(including free ones) are just less of a hassle,I don't bother torrenting no more unless I need to

I have not found this to be a problem, hell I dled Magnum P.I from the 80s in a couple hours

Attached: leech.jpg (460x444, 34.65K)

Private trackers don't have this problem.
Also this

I have no desire to torrent because it isn't necessary anymore. There was no real alternative when I was a teenager since streaming was limited to 240p and took forever to load,not to mention the lack of content. But in the last 10 years, pirate streaming has become so ubiquitous it just doesn't make sense for me to torrent TV shows and movies. I simply can't be bothered to plan what I want to watch ahead of time, search trackers for active torrents, narrow it down to the ones I can trust, then either have it hog space on my drive or delete it after watching which defeats the point anyway. Torrenting was useful for software too but I'm not in university anymore and don't have any need to run expensive programs, most of which have open source alternatives anyway. Video games too, but current day video games are just total shit and old games can be downloaded via FTP in the blink of an eye.

The only downside to my current practice is I do occasionally fear permanently losing access to some of the media I love. But this was always the case pre-internet, and I don't have infinite storage space so I can't horse everything forever even if I wanted to.

I forgot to add that a lot of people are into newsgroups again. Most new tutorials about cutting the cord are about using software that hinge on newsgroup access.

This. Most torrent nerds started when illegal streaming wasn't a viable alternative and never moved on. There simply isn't any need to use torrents when you can stream almost anything in high quality at a moment's notice without paying for it.

Magnum P.I is mainstream stuff you can get anywhere.
Many of those pirate streaming sites share a single backend. It's a false sense of abundance.

>Paying to pirate.

Dumbasses.

This. Torrentfags will argue "I have much content furevurrrr" bitch I watch it and ditch and if I wanna watch it again I'll pull It up on the same website. Oh it's gone? Oh well move on with my life and not have a multiple tb collection of hard drives

you only need one hard drive (maybe 2, one for movies, one for tv)
it's not a huge cost or inconvenience

I've been pirating for 15 years, I haven't noticed a decline in download speeds or the material I can find.