Rings of Powers budget is 750mil for just it's first season

That's just sheer insanity

GoT S8 budget is 90mil, at the time that was the biggest budget for a TV show

Wheels of time is 80mil

THIS IS 750...
What is BEZOS expecting hholyshit

Attached: Z4EfM7g.png (1203x836, 616.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt7631058/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does this have 30 episodes or some shit? How did they get to 700 million?

Those screen-printed chainmailles arent going to sew themselves.

Probably spent most of that buying out youtube, newspaper and other media "critics"

Or it's mainly money laundering..

$250m is what they paid to the Tolkien Estate and WB
S1 costs are $465m, most of that money spent on sets that will be used for future seasons
Production costs are high but when you break it down it makes sense. It's still not blockbuster movie costs/hour of footage

Its got to be more than that. An annual prime sub is $53 ausbucks

Nvm im a dumb nigger

Attached: Screenshot_20220829-195713_Firefox.jpg (720x1010, 132.85K)

It's funny that they're going this way when the Thrones spin off has decided to scale it back to more traditional fantasy TV budget storytelling (90% of every episode is people standing in rooms saying stuff like "What would you have me do?", filming the whole thing in a shed in Leavesden) and they're a ratings smash. How many people are really going to watch this show?

>How many people are really going to watch this show?
Is this a serious question?

>How many people are really going to watch this show?
Everyone is going to watch it. What I want to know how hard Amazon will work to spin it as popular like with Wheel of Time, when in reality everyone is shitting on it. It's easy to obfuscate in WoT since no one watched it, LOTR is actually popular

Amazon somehow is incapable of making tv shows that don't look like ads

>in reality everyone is shitting on it.
This is not going to happen, normies will love it

Have you not seen how ugly this show is? Most of it is shot on a soundstage with cgi backgrounds added in later.

Kino just isnt on the menu anymore and never will be again

>Everyone is going to watch it.
proofs?
Personally I have no interest, the Hobbit movies turned me off LotR adaptions and I'm sure that's true for a lot of people
This series is like a decade late, fantasy peaked with GoT early seasons

Even normies have nigger fatigue

You have no idea what a normie is

Did it ever occur to you that SOME of us actually want to talk about television on the goddamn television board? Literally everyone is looking forward to this show and we want to gather here to talk about how awesome it looks and how cute Morf is. We can't do that because you pieces of shit keep derailing every single thread about RoP™. Seriously, just stick to another thread if this huge epic tv show bothers you so much. It's going to be the biggest thing since Game of Thrones.

If you don't like the show then LITERALLY.JUST.IGNORE.IT. You freaking assholes keep derailing every single thread about RoP™ because you have nothing better to do.

Get a flipping job. Amazon is doing us LotR nerds a huge favor here, we're getting all we ever wanted. They even invited some random superfans to get a sneak peek, that's a sign of respect for the fanbase.

We're looking at the biggest thing since Game of Thrones here. And we won't let a few rotten apples ruin that for us. Not a chance. The show looks awesomesauce.

Attached: 1660193609409307.jpg (600x600, 53.96K)

Please be bait

>Everyone is going to watch it
people are being pulled into watching house of dragons, whatever marvel shit. ring of power and star wars shit. not everyone is gonna want to watch ring of power

She's right though

Attached: 1659154951217699.png (563x601, 96.04K)

my mumza saw the trailer for this and said it looked terrible
love ya mumza

I have a lot of normie friends by virtue of having a super normie wife I managed to luck out on and I've never heard a single one mention this show at all.

High iq bait. Thank you user. LAWD, THANK YE JESUS

I'm a prime member, haven't seen anything Lord of the Rings related on there.
I have zero interest in it.

kek well done

You got a mirror?

>Literally everyone is looking forward to this show

Who? Seriously, give me some statistics broken down by category.

someone explain the business model for me. If you have amazon prime, you can watch it right? so everyone who already had prime can watch it without doing anything else or paying for anything extra? that means they will only be generating money on new prime subscriptions of people who buy it because of the show who never had it previously? am I understanding this correctly or did I get something wrong? how the fuck do they expect this many people who never had prime before to subscribe just for this show to profit after the enormous cost

Lucky you user, have just been binge watching this franchise with my family, lotr/hobbit and at the last movie my mother mentioned ''this new lotr series'', she's that kind of gal that saw literally nothing wrong with that 3 hour wonder woman movie(1984).. she maybe even enjoyed it and is looking forward to she-hulk. God please save me from this madness.

Attached: 1659731217915197.jpg (361x358, 57.5K)

imdb says 8

money launder

how does that work user?

ahahaha you're fucking joking
seriously?

imdb.com/title/tt7631058/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Attached: 1661711318917416.jpg (980x1514, 1.81M)

>Who?
Aids skrillex, anita sarkesian... um... don lemon, john oliver, colbert... uh... I guess that's it.

drugs, rapering, pizza creation, all kinds of blackmail, and the straight normal ol ''money laundering''

>Everyone is going to watch it.

they'll watch the first ep, then I predict a ratings drop of about 70% by episode 2