Representation in Film

Is Apocalypto the only film in recent memory to do representation in film properly?

Attached: Screenshot_20220829-021300(1).png (1065x1591, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_the_Maya
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Possibly yes. It had a lot of kino characters such as pic related, played Raoul Trujillo. He's a really kino character actor and more recently appeared in the film Octavio is Dead, playing the father of Sarah Gadon.

Attached: DVycQzeWsAEWqOn.jpg (666x1000, 162.65K)

I'll have to go check it out. I like her.

The last time representation was done properly was during the exploitation era of the 60s, when cannibal movies and stuff were a thing.

why the one in the front is Middle Eye instead of Jaguar Paw?

The ending was pretty shit, felt like "LOL DON'T THINK WE FORGOT ABOUT WHITEY"
But otherwise a very kino meso-american movie

on the off chance you're not samefagging, don't reply to that retard

Ending was badass as hell.
>no matter what you do or what you suffered through, now you will all get your shit pushed in
For the same reasons Mexicans correctly love Apocalypto because it shows their ancestors as ruthless hardcore motherfuckers, only a weak projecting cuckold would see arrival of Europeans as something bad.

It was beyond retarded and didn't actually fit the setting at all. There's a tonne of inaccuracies and the Spanish turning up at the end doesn't fit the time period depicted.

>Mexicans correctly love Apocalypto because it shows their ancestors as ruthless hardcore motherfuckers.
Pretty much. My class was half mexican when this came out and it was eye-opening seeing the reaction they had about the movie (they absolutely loved it) as opposed to the white profs (they obviously hated it).

No surprise they consider the number one movie of the 21st century

Probably. I remember some of it and I thought it was well done. Can’t show homogenized races of the past anymore (Vikings and Celts rip) but I wish movies like this were still made today.

you sound like a little bitch that only dislikes this movie cause Gibson says things that hurt your pc believes

Spaniards are white?

It is the same reason that if you get Germans drunk enough, they will go full Hitler or why Mongols still build statues to Genghis Khan. Human are tribal creatures and our lizard brains still respond the best to strength. Whole lot can be forgiven if you show enough strength.

>Spanish turning up at the end doesn't fit the time period depicted.
Imagine larping as knowledgeable when you are actually just a dumbass historylet bitch nigga.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_conquest_of_the_Maya

He is kinda right in that the movie for example depicts the Mayan cities as they would have looked in the classic period and not when the Spanish arrived. It is not that big of a deal imo, but it does make the movie a bit less historically accurate.

Yes, seethe.

When is Apocalypto 2 coming out?

>felt like "LOL DON'T THINK WE FORGOT ABOUT WHITEY"
That's just you inferring this message.

Literally who cares.

Apocalypto 2: Push comes to shove

Sure did it much better than Prey. Even though the press is touting Prey as the first all native cast.

Loved it. Cast was great and the scenes were kino aside from those couple of frames where they are stabbing what is unmistakably an stuffed jaguar you would get at a carnival.

That was embarrassing, ruined the movie.
But I also can't wrap my mind around the spear chucking game, don't really think a human would be able to create enough force for a spear to penetrate the ribcage of a human

My /his/ friend refuses to watch this because they call them Mayans when they are obviously Aztecs.