These 3 weren't that good

Attached: 71XKdxX0IYS._SL1500_.jpg (1500x710, 157.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DjffIi2Pl7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Begins was alright

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

Yeah, it's the only one that felt like a Batman movie. TDK was a Heat rip-off, and Rises was an abomination to cinema.

Cope

Attached: itsover.gif (480x270, 2.22M)

Rises isn't even a good movie.

Best capeshit, hands down, no contest.

The Dark Knight is genuinely good, Begins is mid, Rises is awful outside of CIA's scene.
It's funny how much people shat on BvS because Batman kills when Bateman burned an entire temple filled with people while saying how he doesn't want to kill people.

>le joker

Attached: 1640878924527.gif (345x395, 3.85M)

6/7, 8/9, 5/6.

Speaking as someone who is a Batfag and originally thought TDK and Joker was only getting praise because faggot actor deaded ...

>Nolan's style is shit. Drab even for Batfaggot films.
>Begins is like paint-by-numbers Daniel-san shitty muh ninja movie.
>Michael Caine - good actor, but miscast. Distracting.
>Heath Ledger's performance was great.
>faggots talk about Gotham like it's a monolithic entity and they can some how mindread what the people living there want, and "it" needs ... without really showing why or how they know this, or why it's particularly different from any other city with city type problems ... reminds me of how commies talk about how you need to do what they say, "for the good of the community", without ever asking anyone or being elected to speak for it.
>how is Harvey Dent going to save 'teh city' and why wouldn't they think that could be prevented by someone just killing Havery Dent himself or burning half his face off or whatever? It's like they imagined this whole little plan in their own minds where he's the saviour of Gotham but there's no logical way that's really a plan you should bet the farm on.
>Seriously what the fuck is even going on and why should I give a fuck about any of this shit again - let alone 'muh Gotham'?
>Rise dials 'muh Gotham' shit up to 11 by having ridiculous villain talking directly to the crowd like they are a monolith. Get fucked.
>Batman thrown down a well nobody can escape but he escapes it just because
>le wut? Wasn't even that far to jump, and nobody has any ideas about how to do that even though they have tonnes of shit down there with them they could use?
>intelligence insulting crap by overrated director.
>Batfags imagining drama, stakes, logic, and the mind-reading of 'muh Gotham' where shit just doesn't exist in anything but the script.

Dumb esl poster

>Nigger nogger.

>movie has one bank heist scene
>bro it's a heat rip-off

Superhero movies are all shit, having said that, Nolan made Batman actually worth watching. Or are we still pretending that all the BM movies before it were good?

youtube.com/watch?v=DjffIi2Pl7M

Begins is good but I can never find the will to watch it again. Perhaps the film is a little dry, a bit dull. TDK is very good, it lived up to the hype and it still holds up well today; in fact it has arguably improved with age, now that we have Snydershit and Marvelshit to compare it with. Rises is a decent film, its problems are hugely exaggerated. If you think Rises is bad, then I have to ask you: were you bored when you watched it for the first time? If the answer is no, and Rises kept you reasonably well engaged for a couple of hours, then it can't be a bad film.

I hate Nolan with a passion. He keeps introducing random characters and then never follows up on them. I get that sometimes this is done for worldbuilding, and to give an impression of a larger world, but take this line of dialogue from the plane scene in TDKR .
>Arlan Tattaq gets to stay on my aircraft.
And then it goes nowhere. Arslan Tattaq dies along with the rest of the guys on the plane.
Nolan could've addressed the kinds of difficulties a biracial man (persian-inuit) could have in their life, but he didn't. Arslan Tattaq's flame was snuffed out as soon as it appreared. Which I guess is a statement of sorts about the treatment of biracial people, on their invisibility, but I doubt that was Nolan's intention.
I love this style of storytelling because I don't know whether a named character is going to die immediately or live on, but I also very much hate it. It feels insubstantial after you've looked at Christopher Nolan movies for a while.

literally children's movies compared to The Batman

They seem to be vaguely satirical films, almost understated museum pieces, one of the most refreshing aspects is that they don't always function well as scenes but hold together well at greater length, which seems to require a philosophical structure or some understanding of character. Nolan's a superlative artist but his influences aren't always evident. Mann, Fritz Lang, Terry Gilliam and Ridley Scott seem to be the most important. It would be nice to hear him speak more about Sidney Lumet and Nicolas Roeg.

Visually of course it has this industrial quality influenced by Francis Bacon and Michael Mann. At his most oblique it's like the Brothers Quay or something.

The first half of the Batman is pure kino but the second half is atrocious