"Hard" sci-fi time travel

I'm looking for examples of sci-fi movies or possibly shows that make heavy use of time travel and treat it seriously, in the sense that there is a comprehensible and rigorous rule by which it operates, and people use that as best they can, ideally creatively. For instance, in the movie Primer, engineers work out the principles of their new time machine as they use it and quickly exploit it, but while the plot is very confusing, the rules are strictly observed. Such a machine might not be literally physically possible, but it makes sense. In Predestination (though I wouldn't call it hard sci-fi at all), the time travel is totally explicable in terms of its own rules, even though it appears paradoxical on its surface.

But 99.9% of time travel amounts to little more than Dr. Who "timey-wimey" bullshit on even cursory inspection. I have seen some novel recommendations for a better treatment, but are there any films or shows I'm missing?

Attached: wormhole-in-outerspace--illustration-545863981-598e1963aad52b001187d902.jpg (3590x3590, 1.6M)

TENET

Tenet
dont try to understand it, feel it

Terminator

There's that time travel film about getting inside a box for a few hours that was alright.

>catched

Attached: E5051647-8D5F-407B-A543-965464654.jpg (320x180, 30.08K)

Steins;Gate

Primer

>I have seen some novel recommendations for a better treatment
post em, i'm curious

this. most accurate depiction of time travel ever. nigga had to go to the future to get laid because all the bitches in his timeline were dead.

>nigga had to go to the future
pretty sure that isnt what happened

time travel is impossible because entropy is always increasing and to return to a past state would require more energy than available in the entire universe.

Terminator 2

Star Trek, they have to fly around the sun and shit. Also Richard Donner's Superman.

Stargate and Stargate Atlantis had some good time travel episodes

pretty sure you have amnesia.

stop gaslighting him

Bill & Ted was pretty good.

Attached: Bill_&_Ted.jpg (256x390, 24.54K)

Interstellar

Deer Hunter was a pretty good movie about time travel too.

Attached: DeerHunter1978.jpg (3500x2280, 1.13M)

Attached: blank-sheet-of-paper-folded-sheet-of-paper-envelope-and-pencil-picture-id1005062332.jpg (508x340, 28.24K)

>it's like we're on the surface of a deflated balloon
>...
>AND IT BEGINS TO FILL UP WITH AIR!

stop gaslighting ME, motherfuckers!

>TENET
I'll check it out.

>Terminator
Come on.

>There's that time travel film about getting inside a box for a few hours that was alright.
That's Primer. I mentioned it.

elaborate

What's catched?

>Steins;Gate
Any movie that involves retroactively changing the past, and people remembering what they just did to change their own past, is fundamentally ludicrous and fails this challenge.

>41
Never heard of it. What's it about?

Time travel is probably impossible, but I don't think the second law is the knockdown argument you believe it to be. The second law is derived from statistics that assume a simple flow of time (no loops), and it is observed physically because we don't in fact observe time travelers. But on its own, that emergent, empirical fact does not prove that time travel is impossible.

Anyway, I don't care so much if the story violates some physical law. I care more about it making sense on its own terms. For example, "changing" the past makes no sense. What happened in the past happened. If you went back to "change" it, then you always did. Think more "Harry Potter" time travel and less "Back to the Future" time travel.