/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

Flexing on /film/lets and their Zendaya looking ass waifus edition

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiSj#FN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>FAQ
pastebin.com/W1ja9dwp

Previous:

Attached: diana-dors-1955.jpg (1986x2605, 872.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KtT0zb9L7V8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>last thread was the worst we've ever had in terms of quality
>no actual movie discussion
cinemaniacs... we need a discord

> cinemaniacs
kys

Bergman's the best.

Gerwig is a modern master.
The impact she has made on the world of cinema is undeniable. All of her films, perfectly encapsulate the current, THIS very state of human condition.
In Frances Ha, the way she navigates through "friends", her own individuality, her parents, it's all in accordance to the western way of being. If you watch Frances Ha on your own accord, it will resonate, no questions asked. She refers to herself as an "undateable" person, e.g. her self-worth, which should, in all honesty, be a driving force in realizing one's place in the world, is lacking, like for most people currently trudging through life. Her triumph? Getting her own apartment.
Lady Bird? It isn't just Saoirse who becomes of age. The parents struggle, what's crushing is, there is no resolution for them, they are still in the same rut they were in, when we started with them. That's the real gut punch, you know someone in your family, circle of friends who is going through exactly that, yet can't really help them, as it's only up to themselves to bounce back up. The modern condition of lethargy. It's Gerwig who's the first to actually shine some potent light on it.
Little Women? Now that's an adaptation. Gerwig follows with the indecisive momentum she's been gathering throughout her career, and it culminates here. Jo and Laurie are almost destined to be with each other, yet, both are hesitant to commit, frustrated as they both feel mutual attraction, but cannot break that thin ice separating their love for each other. Gerwig is a little sentimental with the reasoning for their hesitancy, but it still harkens to the real world phenomena that has become all the more apparent as the years roll by. People unwilling to commit, childbirths plummeting, love being mythologized to a degree that makes it scary to approach. That's why the adaptation works, it doesn't sing the same old tune from the 1800s, but uses it as a familiar way to explore our societal knots of today.

Attached: dd8df8752327b49ed4f0ac2d4bb84a69.jpg (832x1272, 115.32K)

>director of Barbie

Gtfo

her best film is frances ha, a cheap rip-off of girlfriends (1978), which wasn't even very good in itself. I hate how everything is built on a lile.

She's certainly the hottest director at the moment.

>armchair critic who hated Shining when it premiered but then turned his coat when majority started liking it
No, I think it's you who has to leave.
Girlfriends conveys a wildly different experience, it's inherently hostile viewing as the values depicted, are unscrupulous. I've said it before, New York values are not good, they should not be shown in film, it's this mindset of getting what you want without regarding social norms or ethics. Gerwig's Christian upbringing stops her from falling into that pit of horridness. If you had to follow someone telling the truth in Hollywood, follow Gerwig.

youtu.be/KtT0zb9L7V8

No, you don’t understand, we have to act like a locker room and talk about asses

>I've said it before, New York values are not good, they should not be shown in film, it's this mindset of getting what you want without regarding social norms or ethics.

The girl in Girlfriends is pretty innocent and comfy though. She doesn't do immoral things.

Attached: MV5BOWEzYWM1ZGEtNTQwMi00NzE4LWI3NGQtMmY0ZjI4OWI1ZmI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg (919x612, 127.82K)

u gay

Haven't seen much with her, but Diana Dors was really beautiful. She wound up on my radar while I was looking for bimbo films.

Attached: a0324ee2ef7c90b7761602f246d820ed.jpg (1904x2500, 501.33K)

Haven't seen anything with her*
Pretty much.

Attached: Diana_Dors_in_I_Married_a_Woman_trailer.jpg (1289x817, 146.48K)

You've all been talking about asses?

Very nice

Eggers

^dis nigga knows wat up^

sorry for shiting up your general with my pleb question. What's the name of a french comedy about a family making plans to leave Paris as quickly as possible so they dont end up in traffic as they are leaving paris? thanks in advance

What era is it from?

modern so probably after 2000. a relativ recommended it but couldnt remember the name.

>looking for bimbo films

Attached: Based kino god, oil, Rua Jia.png (400x400, 226.47K)

whoever posted this, user was right the ending is kino
cheers

Attached: 1661439589370949.jpg (1000x1475, 290.87K)