Just finished Nope. Why the fuck was the TMZ guy's dialogue so weird? His way of speaking was very odd

Just finished Nope. Why the fuck was the TMZ guy's dialogue so weird? His way of speaking was very odd.

Attached: mpv_6plG1jDgg3.jpg (1260x919, 137.01K)

I assume to be le epic subverted expectation. Maybe Peele wanted us to think it was an alphabet man or MIB before the reveal

le subvert

cause he's a guy that spends way too much time on the internet and vlogging.

This was my understanding as well. The purpose-built reflective helmet, the mysterious dialogue, the unmarked uniform...all seemed to imply a shady "bigger than you understand" agent.

Once it's revealed as TMZ it makes more sense that this is exactly what you'd expect from some bottom feeder who lives life terminally behind the lens of a camera stalking celebrities. He's got an insanely inflated ego and sense of purpose """documenting""" since it's the only way to justify his depraved occupation. I can tell you this because I've felt it myself (to a much lesser degree) when I used to do photography professionally. You stop existing as an individual, you start feeling like an extension of your camera and what it represents.

It's similar to how wearing a uniform and sunglasses made the prison guards less sympathetic in the stanford prison experiment. "Feeling" like you're justified and hiding your eyes does wonders for your confidence and assertiveness.

just a sign of a movie trying to do too many things. I still enjoyed the movie, but it was bloated with ideas and could have easily been 15 minutes or so shorter. I don't have a problem with long movies, either

How did he know that looking at the alien killed u
How did he know to wear that helmet?
It's irrational

Utterly terrified me to see some go from such an intimidating demeanour to Wimp repeating the same Lines over and over again before they die. The true 1 dimensional nature being revealed of someone who's mentally trained themselves to live that way during their last moments has always inflicted a great fear in me. Le Jewdan peele film should make a lot of Wagecucks think about how they live without directly telling them to.

does this movie have the best and most accurate portrayal of a black woman ever?

doesn't want to work
badmouthed
does drugs
obsessed with money and fame (even when she thinks his brother is dead all she thinks is about oprah)

Oh sweet, an Energica. I am now more inclined to watch this flick.

Thread

He was a fucking huwite male

Attached: TMZ-Bros-We-Are-Too-Hot-For-California.webm (1024x576, 1.5M)

It was just badly written. Seems as if Peele wanted to give it a Lynch/ Panos Cosmatos vibe but it's merely cringe, narratively inept and forced in order to offer crass commentary on news/gossip etc as spectacle

The Stanford Experiment failed to prove anytime due to it’s flawed methodology

the idea was for the scene to start creepy and turn whacky, so that the audience accept that this guy actually is from TMZ. it was mocking the media by not taking him seriously.

apex predator
but only eats you if you look at him

I didn’t think much of it, it was set up earlier in the film when they said that tabloids are gonna come snooping.

It’s gonna eat you regardless if it’s hungry. It just feels threatened when you look at it.

because police and prison guards aren't told from above to not treat criminals/prisoners with respect?

it only ate people who looked at it during the movie tho

It was hammed up and played for laughs as a comical over exaggeration of the kind of culture where you cant leave anything without a shot.

Tonally, this broke a bit of tension building up to the big alien chase, and replaced it with emotional confusion. Also i feel like most of the movie's dangers seem completely avoidable and plannable. And once their plan worked, they didn't have a resolutive plan to kill or capture it.

what tension?it was like something out of a marvel movie, last half of the movie was a really weird departure from the tone of the movie

It also ate horses.

what did you shoot with

The helmet looked rad as fuck. Would an electric bike's brakes immediately engage if it lost power like that?

no. also if the "antifield of forcefuck" is a thing we should have seen the protagonist and the tech guy fly through the windshield just like the tmz guy.