It wasn't THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT bad

It wasn't THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT bad.

Attached: images (6).jpg (960x1440, 392.66K)

i think the scene where the girl brokes the vodoo doll and the girl folds like the doll is pretty good
i always love the whole "its 10am and the sun hasn't raised"cliche

the ending was shit tho, the witch should never be shown, maybe an arm or a leg or something for a split second

it depends, do you enjoy when diarrhea gets in your eyes?

They never really outright state that it's the witch though. Aren't there like some kind of creatures that act on the witch's behalf in the Blair Witch game?

It's one of my favourite ever movies, it's atmospheric, the storytelling is non conventionally structured, the found footage genre was still fresh and it's paced perfectly between high energy set pieces. Plus a bunch of unknowns for a cast and crew, there can't be more than a handful of movies that sovlful. Top 5 all time. Love it and always will, anyone that doesn't like this movie is a filtered literal retard with a mushy brain from consooming theme park zoomer flicks.

even if its not the wotch, cgi monsters make any movie worse

Cool ideas, bad execution. The biggest crime was wasting the weird time manipulation; it was a huge missed opportunity to not have the final sequence in the house overlap with the original's ending and continue from where the first left off. It didn't do anything with the drone cameras either, that was a cool concept but all it gave us were a few elevated shots when it could've been used to show creepy stuff from above / far away.

Ignore this I'm autistic and thought this was about the original

Personally, my biggest problem was that they made the witch seemingly too powerful.
In the first movie it could:
Make loud sounds
Maybe mind control someone
Maybe disort people's directions

In this movie, it could:
Cause endless nighttime
Cause rainfall
Cause lightning to hit trees
Mess up drone and camera footage
Teleport
Cause bright lights outside of houses
Create working vodo dolls
Mind control
Kill anyone instantly once they look at her
Steal hair without noticing
Distort time entirely

Thr lost just keeps going on and it makes it ridiculous because now there is no way to actually beat the witch

it's a shame it wasn't a real documentary

>Found Footage movie
>Every character has a 4k camera clipped to their ear and we constantly switch perspectives
It's like they wanted the aesthetic of found footage without actually using any of the narrative and stylistic qualities that are unique to the genre, what a retarded decision. It's not a terrible movie, but I had much higher expectations since I was a fan of Wingard's previous films and his whining about this films reception really soured my view of him.

Attached: 1659027389279288.jpg (420x420, 75.2K)

its the typical power creep of terror movie sagas, it always happens

I feel you famalam. Did you try the spoopy walking simulator game? I kinda loved it if only for how pretty the woods look. The actual Blair Witch tie-in is pretty shit though, heard it was shoved in at the last minute.

I remember fondly playing through those old Blair Witch PC games like Rustin Parr and never making it further than like 20 minutes in any of them because of the tank controls and being too scared. Good times.

Attached: EGS_BlairWitch_BlooberTeam_S1-2560x1440-53470388ca2f16b4d6a3b018438086b7.jpg (2560x1440, 1008.15K)

True but it pisses me off every time.

Blair Witch 2 is a good movie and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

Attached: blair-witch-2.jpg (300x442, 212.24K)

Concept was ahead of its time for sure, but studio interference butchered this movie beyond saving. Joe berlinger has made KINO since, though.

Awesome movie. I think that found footage works best with more analogy tech and feel, but with the advent of vlogging being prevalent at the time of its release, I get the vibe Wingard was going for. This movie is pretty rife with soul too

It was pretty fucking boring, made me scared for Godzilla vs. Kong for a minute. The stiltwalker monster at the end was pretty sweet, though.

Soundtrack was KINO

My friend who hated the first loved this one. And I loved both.

I'm just pissed he got locked into a capeshit monster series and isn't still making original stories with Simon Barrett

>sun hasn't raised
Esl?

The movie itself wasn't bad. Great sets even.

The humans, the characters are AWFUL. ANNOYING. AWFUL. RETARDED
every character deserved to die. Extremely annoying, awful awful acting.
They destroy the movie
The plot was good
Great sets, cameras. Scary forest. Scary house.
Good continuation
AWFUL shit actors.

>I remember fondly playing through those old Blair Witch PC games like Rustin Parr and never making it further than like 20 minutes in any of them because of the tank controls and being too scared

Same exact thing happened to me !
I got official box sex. Super excited.
Brings first movie
Second movie.
Soundtrack of both movies
All 3 games. And a witch necklace.

Try to play the games. Stuck inside a house for 30 minutes lol. Killed as soon as I leave the house
The box set was an amazing buy

Attached: 51XDMR39PHL.jpg (338x475, 39.35K)

third actually

>every character deserved to die.
nigga, guest what happened

But in the first movie you feel.bad for them.
You feel anguish. Desperation. Scared. Worried for them. You feel lost in the woods With them.

This sequel. You want them to die 10 minutes in. Awful modern acting. Awful awful California style acting

Attached: blairwitch1_4916f094-65fd-4e87-8b0b-8f9409db4b7d_1200x1200 (1).jpg (850x1080, 226.88K)

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t type thing. People would be pissed if you just rehashed the first one where you don’t ever really see much of anything happen. I think they went too far in the other direction but modern audiences have different expectations from horror movies. Honestly I don’t know why you would agree to make the movie anyway. The first movie was successful because of the time at which it was released and the novelty of found footage. After decades of mocking and knock-offs the concept of a serious sequel was doomed from the start.

I’d love to know why Adam Wingard made it when he’s a typically savvy director. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had a deal where he’d make this and they’d find some other project for him.