What is it about Resident Evil that makes it so difficult to adapt?

What is it about Resident Evil that makes it so difficult to adapt?

Attached: 1635695570158.jpg (1500x1500, 550.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhC_IiSVPJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because some things were meant to remain in their original medium

the fact that they're trying to make it appeal broadly.

I don’t care for niggers, i’m
not racist i just don’t like them

The franchise is a Japanese take on American Horror/Action films and adapting that back into a film for Americans just doesn't make sense.

Attached: 1661729420141226.webm (720x1296, 2.97M)

That it's a retarded vidya for faggots who get scared of the most overused horror trope

Nevermind

>What is it about Resident Evil that makes it so difficult to adapt?
The story in the games is shit. That's why.

>solving puzzles, avoiding traps, exploration, and zombies at the same time

The formula is kino, it would be like indiana jones meets dawn of the dead if done right. How do studios keep fucking it up?

Everything that is special about it is due to the injection of Japanese sensibilities and if you Americanize it, those things are lost. Leaving nothing but generic American zombieshit. The Western film industry is too narcissistic and up its own ass to adapt it.

The animated CG ones were on the right track with the over the top action remenicent of 80s action movies, why they fall short is that they still take themselves too seriously and the actors arent as hammy as stallone or arnold.

Attached: 0d0855913c3c85e4ad78d12be52d0494.jpg (736x736, 79.41K)

the fact that it's never had a good story

Just make it like that Japanese commercial George Romero directed
youtube.com/watch?v=JhC_IiSVPJc

Re4 story is paper thin, but its 80s trope of rescuing the presidents daughter on top with charismatic and cartoonishly evil characters. The story doesnt have to be a deep dive into the human condition, it has to be delivered well.

Attached: e4e5908d49b52719aaddb2cb1a95b8ac.jpg (736x1137, 86.18K)

>10/10 casting
>stuck in a shitty failed Netflix adaptation

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Attached: file.png (2000x1000, 1.72M)

Wrong

Retarded hacks thinking they had better ideas. Not one writer has attempted a 1:1 adaptation of the Spencer Mansion incident. Not a single goddamned one.
Until it happens we still don't know how adaptable Resident Evil is.

>What is it about Resident Evil that makes it so difficult to adapt?

Reframe your question: What is it about the adaptation process that makes it so difficult to produce Resident Evil media?

Why cant hollywood adapt anything without running it through the meat grinder? All i know that got things 90% correct was lord of the rings and holes.

Video games usually have simple stories. All a writer needs to do is tell it well.

The story is fairly crazy, it was always about gameplay and atmosphere. The former is impossible to adapt to any other medium, the latter is possible but atmosphere alone can’t make a compelling film or series (at least, not with this kind of material).

If you want to adapt a game, pick one with a strong story or just do what Arcane did and make one up from scratch

The Dead Zone movie is also ridiculously accurate to the book.

What would that even look like? We’re gonna watch an actress solve puzzles in a garden while occasionally shooting a zombie dog?

The stories are cheesy as hell and most the horror comes from being the one playing the game with only 4 bullets and 2 zombies coming at you. It doesn't work unless it goes full retard like the Mila RE movies.

No Country for Old Men, The Road

Hence why I disliked the really hard Western style the series took after 7, almost as much as I hate all the action anime bullshit after 4. I guess that for me, Resident Evil will always be a product of that time when Japanese games were still really distinctly Japanese.