Why did the writers/D&D hate him so much ?

Why did the writers/D&D hate him so much ?
He is one of the most honorable and virtuous man in the books
He would never burn his daughter or lose a battle against the fucking boltons

Attached: artur-tarnowski-stannis-color.jpg (800x1061, 199.31K)

Stannis the mannis they did him dirty

>white man

Never read the books but is he still a guy who abandoned his faith for the promise of power and cheated on his wife with a witch to create a demonspawn that would kill his brother?

Dumb & Dumber in general held a lot of bias and contempt for certain storylines, not sure why. They had a lot of material to work with, and for some reason they didn't go with it.

>He would never burn his daughter
I think it's bound to happen in the books.

Is it really cheating when your wife willingly wants to be cucked?

>He is one of the most honorable and virtuous man in the books
wtf are you talking about

no dude. that's not even close to stannis' motivations.
he filters so many because they confuse his autistic desire to uphold the law with a lust for power.

>most honorable and virtuous man in the books
That's Ned. Ned is the spirit of the law autist, Stannis is the letter of the law autist.

yes. he has a serious case of middle child butthurt and autism and just wants his legos (read: throne).
his redeeming qualities are that he is 'just' but still kind of a cunt. davos saved him and his troops and yet he still cuts his fingers off for his past crimes

Nobody wants him as their king.

They are very binary
>this character is good
>this character is evil
>this character was good but in this very instant the character turns evil

They can't handle grey characters like Stannis
They can't handle characters slowly being corrupted like Daenerys

So honourable and virtuous his wife hangs herself and half his army deserts in disgust

Didnt happen in the books

>I think it's bound to happen in the books.
I'm not so sure. Shireen is at Castle Black while he marches on Winterfell. I think if it does happen, it will be after he beats the Boltons. Maybe it will be to stop the Others and it will be more in character. Its also possible that Shireen is burned by his wife and Mel and this revives Jon.

We shall see. Come the dawn Renly, we shall see.

Attached: Capture.png (444x582, 540.27K)

>Never read the books but is he still a guy who abandoned his faith for the promise of power
No. He abandoned his faith as a small child when he watched his parents die in a shipwreck as he stood on the shore.

>“A sacrifice will prove our faith still burns true, Sire,” Clayton Suggs had told the king. And Godry the Giantslayer said, “The old gods of the north have sent this storm upon us. Only R’hllor can end it. We must give him an unbeliever.”
>“Half my army is made up of unbelievers,” Stannis had replied. “I will have no burnings. Pray harder.”

>I think it's bound to happen in the books.
It's currently impossible. Stannis is camped at a crofter's village west of Winterfell and Shireen is (1600?) miles away at The Wall. If Shireen is burned then Melisandre and Selyse will do it.

Because he's a complete non character that GRRM was too retarded to figure out the proper ending for. It's obvious that stannis will never succeed in his ultimate goal of winning the throne, his death is inevitable, but GRRM is a fucking retard who's making up shit as he goes so dumb and dumber had to improvise a way to write him out of the story.

Bump

Retard

Bump

Because they are jews and he is right

This. D&D didn't get him. They just wanted to dump Stannis and focus on their pet Dany and their two dimensional capeshit story