NBC Considers Cutting Back Programming Hours in Prime Time

wsj.com/articles/nbc-considers-cutting-back-programming-hours-in-prime-time-11661532206?st=jrq8w4wtkzigedw
This is the end, my friend.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-29T02-53-59.983Z.png (1129x939, 876.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gm7sxSXYrZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They need to attack the audience more.

they finally flinched
it's too little too late honestly

what are the local stations going to do with the 10pm hour? Seinfeld re-runs?

Show more local news and apparently in some markets they will move the Tonight Show up to prime time.

if i were in charge i would just air old but good movies

I wish Jimmy Fallon was dead

It's not like he caused this. He's just a symptom of a different problem.

Well, when I'm tired and occasionally leave the TV on for background noise, the last thing I want to hear is Jimmy Fallon's voice. Late Night just isn't that much of a thing anymore, most of the audience is overworked and too fucking tired to watch a Late night talk show anymore.

I still wish he was dead

Duh, have you guys seen the ratings the networks get these days? It's all fractional across the board. I remember when an 18-49 rating around a 1.0 would mean cancelation, but now that would be considered a hit show. And when your revenue is all based on ads, then a show that performs only slightly better than one on a paid cable channel or a subscription streaming service, will end up costing more to produce than it makes.

American daytime tv was the strangest thing I ever saw it was basically local news all day until like 8PM

Its to make room for something B1G in those prime time hours

youtube.com/watch?v=gm7sxSXYrZk

Attached: B1G.jpg (1200x800, 134.21K)

It's funny to me how Late Night use to be the dominant force of entertainment and upstarting careers and television is now being destroyed by tiktok and internet videos

It's pretty amazing how network TV takes zero chances anymore. So many shows are just streaming exclusives or HBO/Showtime/AMC. Network TV used to do out there shit like Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, Star Trek, etc.

For me, it's early 80's episodes of The Price is Right on Freevee when I want to go to sleep but I'm too awake to just lie in bed

It destroyed itself before either of those 2 things. Watch old episodes of Carson, Letterman, and even Leno. The show used to be fun. The hosts monologue wasn't filled with attacking one certain political figures and white people bad jokes. The guests would show up and just kind of chat and hang out, as opposed to today where the guests are just programmed by their PR team to not say anything offensive, laugh at jokes and promote project.

I just hope the new late night king is safe

Attached: Seth Meyers.jpg (3000x2000, 1.34M)

well stop doing so much acid, then.

>the new late night king

That's Desus. They're prepping him.

Attached: 1654278226349.jpg (480x360, 32.33K)

You answered your own question, retard. Of course the ratings aren’t the same as back when people didn’t have streaming services and the internet. Do zoomer redditors really just type out posts to hit a word count? You should kill yourself, I unironically hope you die in agony dude.

What city? It's not like that in my area.

you had on the 24 hour station you ESL retard

>Late Night use to be the dominant force of entertainment and upstarting careers and television is now being destroyed

Original late night TV was created to entertain audiences and sell them on movies/music and such. The hosts made fun of everyone, but maintained a level of respect for everyone at the same time so as not to alienate any part of their audience. Once the original late night hosts were replaced, the shows were just another platform used by leftists to spout their divisive anti-American trash and indoctrinate idiots in their cancerous ideology.