Leftists create The Young Pope expecting everyone to hate the conservative pope character they create

>leftists create The Young Pope expecting everyone to hate the conservative pope character they create
>everyone loves him
>create a sequel trying to tear him down, but people still prefer him to the new pope
>leftists create Elite Squad expecting everyone to hate the conservative Capitao Nascimento
>everyone loves him
>create a sequel trying to tear him down, but people still prefer him to the new leftist human rights lawyer

Why does this happen?

Attached: young-pope-cig.jpg (670x377, 235.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t8c-5aWm8GE
youtube.com/watch?v=K6NnXF-L9c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

QRD? Never watched the show.
So the character isn't even based on a real pope? They're not attacking the popes using a totally made up person, are they?

>QRD? Never watched the show.
He's a nice guy, but still conservative, so everyone on the left hates him.
>So the character isn't even based on a real pope?
He was not based on a real pope, but took the name of real popes (Pius).
>They're not attacking the popes using a totally made up person, are they?
No, the real pope is a leftist.

Attached: young pope kino.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

>They're not attacking the popes using a totally made up person, are they?

They aren't even attacking any popes.
Pope dies, they need new one, think that they will vote in progressive pope to be hip with modern, young one so he would last decades, turns out the young Pope is turboconservative and everybody panics.
Character is enjoyable, original and it looks like he is the one shaking the decadent church.

elite squad 1 and 2 are based

>these foreign shows are about american culture war
Peak cringe

t. BR fascist

he's literally me(but in pope form)

Stop smoking, it's bad for you!

Lenny is based

youtube.com/watch?v=t8c-5aWm8GE

youtube.com/watch?v=K6NnXF-L9c0

You’re retarded they made the character to be likeable on purpose.

The second one was trash. The whole plot was retarded.

and? pure kino

I was talking to some normie college lib at my work a couple years ago about hbo shows and I said I like TYP and she should watch it. She said:
>oh I will! I love any show that criticizes the catholic church!
I told her it's not really pro or against the catholic church and that it's really more about the peoples lives that work there. She gave me the most bizarre look.

not him but I am voting for Bolsonaro again

Attached: hheh.jpg (394x372, 34.01K)

Why? What do you like so much about Bolsanaro?

Is Sorrentino a leftist?

He’s a sociopath. Touch grass

I've seen both seasons.
I'm not sure what I watched.
Apparently the young Pope can genuinely perform supernatural tasks but he doesn't believe in the religion?
Also the show feels like a random lefitst Italian non-sense from people that don't understand the faith.

shut the fuck up little monkey

Should I become Catholic bros? I went to mass last night and some cute girl gave me a pamphlet. I'm sure she'd love to be with an alcoholic sperg like myself. Des Vault?

No. Become Orthodox.

>create a sequel trying to tear him down, but people still prefer him to the new pope
How in the fuck New Pope tears Lenny down?

OP is a fag and suffering from left right brain rot, probably an American, many such cases. Lenny is based and made to be based. Dumb motherfucker.

I went to one of those, too, and the priest kept going on about how Putin and Kril are saving the west.

Annoys me. I picked up the ost vinyl for The New Pope relatively cheap but the one for The Young Pope goes for stupid money.

>don't like fags
>don't like indians
>don't like sluts
>hate commies
simple as

it's almost like it's trying to make a point here

the masses are stupid

they are stupid for wanting a drumpf pope and they are stupid for being catholic in the first place

I went to hundreds of Orthodox Churches and monasteries, even abroad and I never heard talk about politics.
What's important at the end of the day is that it's true even if some individual priests in rare cases might be a bit unhinged.

I love the line from the nun who raised him
>Lenny is a saint
>oh no no no I don’t mean like he’s a nice person
>like a literal saint I’ve seen him perform actual miracles lol