You know despite it's flaws I realized why TWD worked: it followed a SMALL GROUP. What ruined the show...

You know despite it's flaws I realized why TWD worked: it followed a SMALL GROUP. What ruined the show, besides Carl's ending, was the fucking communities concept.

No, I don't wanna see Maggie abandoning the main group to lead a community of random whos I don't know the name about. That shit is boring. It doesn't have the same fun seeing the group you know dealing with things.
Seeing Rick doubting himself and having a breakdown as well as looking for Herschel's advise is way more impactful than Maggie and Aaron sharing info over how their meme communities of unknown people are going (the fuck are they even separated anyway??? It looks like each community have 20 or less people).

Oh that and killing off characters like Abraham, Beth, Jesus, etc. While adding uninteresting pozzed ones (Yumiko and her ugly face, etc). Who the fuck is even Elijah? I forgot where he came from, but this ugly motherfucker already wants to BLACKED Lydia. That's more gross than the walkers
Ezekiel should bang Rosita, they make a good couple and they have chemistry instead of this triple cuck combo
Hell the producers may make Negan x Maggie happen because its the only couple thats not disgusing to your eyes

Attached: 1603183343169.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

>possibly BLACKED Lydia

picked back up.

Nah shits in a downhill since season 1 with minor lifts. What fucks it up is that they ran this bitch up for 10 seasons, if someone who's not religiously following the show misses two or three seasons they can't connect with anyone since the main characters of season nearly all dead or gone.

People want to watch apocalypse stuff and survivalism, not interpersonal drama. That shit was put in to appeal to cunts, and the show went downhill once they became the primary audience.

What ruined the show is that it's fucking boring and shit. Interesting characters killed off and replaced with boring characters while other characters get plot armor because fans like them. The entire zombie thing gets completely ignored. The zombies are never a threat past the first season and don't matter at all. It's just this story of a group running into bandits with a CUHRAYZEE leader. A season of them trying to get away from the bandits and they finally get away. Meet the next group of bandits with a CUHRAYZEEE wacky wacky leader. Rinse and repeat for 30 seasons.
This shit is so repetitive and tiring that even the Walking Dead game was like this. Season 1, interesting shit happens. Season 2, get pulled in a bandit camp with a crazy leader who kills people for no reason. Season 3, get pulled in a bandit camp with a crazy leader who kills people for no reason.

I can’t believe the walking dead used to be a phenomenon as big as Breaking Bad and GOT. People even argued for walking dead being the best AMC show over BrBa and Mad Men. It feels like a million years ago

ironically, going back to the source material is what killed this adaptation.

That's because Season 1 and Season 2 through Season ??? were entirely different shows.

season 2 was trash though. Remember all the "did they leave the farm yet???" memes. Only decent season was the first

This. Shows always go to shit when they lose that small group. Even if a show otherwise is bad, that small group element keeps people interested. Its in our psychology. Its why shows like dragon ball z never get old and keep a good audience, the small group gives a feeling of family or brotherhood and its just nice to watch.

Season 2 was only reviled by actual retards. Almost every scene built up characterisation.

Attached: xjjsok8qo5o31.jpg (543x604, 38.71K)

That's exactly what I said. S1 was good. S2-S10? were a different show. A show that sucked cock.

I still need to go back and finish the last few seasons of the show. Season 7 was my favourite season. No other show has the guts to emasculate its lead character and subject the main characters to such misery. It was a unique experience and there will never be another season of television like it again. Maybe that's the masochist in me but I think it deserves more respect than it gets. Scott m Gimple did nothing wrong.

season 7 episode 1 was great. it got worse from there, basically died after the mid season finale

season 8 is some of the worst television ever created, retards literally dodging bullets constantly. IDK how you can watch it even ironically, especially after carl (the soul of the show, and its entire purpose) is killed off as a fucking CASH GRAB

A lot of what you're complaining about is just stuff that happened in the source material so of course it's going to be in the TV adaptation.
>the fucking communities concept.
This was simply the natural progression of the world. One thing that goes over 99% of people's heads with TWD is that it's not a show about the apocalypse. It's a show about people who survived the apocalypse creating a new civilization in a kind of frontier. Any story like this is always going to go down that road.

Seasons 5 and 6 were the peak of the show because they were the closest to the original vision of the comics. Not exactly a 1:1 adaptation, but it stayed true to the themes and followed a natural and logical progression.

Unfortunately Scott Gimple got too comfortable with all the praise he was getting during Seasons 5 and 6 and was way too overconfident in himself which is why Seasons 7 and 8 sucked as hard as they did. The show has improved again since he was gone but that damage was permanent. Killing off Carl was the biggest blunder of the show without a close second. You might say losing Rick is the worst thing that happened but Andrew Lincoln only left because he understood that Carl was the soul of the show.

Season 7 is okay if you watch it as a complete package. Watching it week by week with a months long gap in the middle was awful. Most of the show is like this, but Season 7 is where the weekly release schedule really killed it and probably the reason that's when the show had it's biggest drop off in live viewers. It wasn't that fun to wait a whole week just to see which character was going to have a really bad week next.

However with all that being said, the first episode of Season 7 is some of the most pure unfiltered kino I've ever seen a TV show have the balls to commit to. I completely forgave the Season 6 cliffhanger because that episode not only delivered but worked so much better than it could have without all the build up. Having the cold open for the episode in the aftermath only for Rick's suffering to continue all up to the reveal of the event itself was some unironically brilliant storytelling.

for me the show goes to shit everytime they are behind the walls of an established community, it just becomes a fucking soap opera
the exception was the prison, they had to clear it and make it safe, it wasn't some functioning community it was something they had to work on then after the governor they time skip and it just becomes another gay community

TWD was never good, it's some dumb amerishart apocalyptic fantasy.

Just finishing season 11
>Negan disappears
>Appears again married to a black roastie
Does this show have the ugliest couples ever? I guess Daryl fucking Rosita is too much to ask

rick and michonne was unironically hot

I actually think it's one of the best relationships on the show. Ignoring the Any Forumsmemes, I also understand why people didn't and/or thought it was forced. It's because of the 3 month timeskip between 609 and 610. It's pretty jarring for Jesse to die and then the very next episode Rick starts a relationship with Michonne. It worked a lot better in the comics with Andrea because that time wasn't skipped there and we got to see their relationship develop a lot more before they eventually hookup. But Rick and Michonne together is fine, they have chemistry and have known each other for a long time. It really was just a matter of time before it happened since Andrea was killed off early and Michonne took on a lot of her comic stories. But it would have been better without a timeskip.

I’d agree with that

I am not into your pejorative phrasing for this but factually you are correct I’m afraid