Why do movies pretend Everest is a difficult mountain to climb?

Why do movies pretend Everest is a difficult mountain to climb?

Attached: everest-hiking-map.jpg (700x450, 64.87K)

Nobody says that. Everyone agrees that the K2 Is vastly more difficult

If people think climbing Everest is so hard why don’t they just drive up?

cars dont work up there because of the lack of oxygen

we should organise a Any Forums everest climb.

it probably used to be hard at some point, now there is an entire tourist industry built around helping rich people get to the top so they can brag about it on social media.

It's actually the highest point on earth.

The fat retards on this board can barely walk up the stairs

Wouldn't being in a depressurized cabin at 30,000 feet be more impressive? That one out the window woop woop guy who survived is cooler than any Everest climber.

>Why do movies pretend the Atlantic is difficult to cross?
Maybe because it has been made easier over time?

Attached: 1234634243524653.png (1642x332, 62.73K)

>pay 30k to be dragged up a mountain by brown men genetically adapted to breathing at high altitude
>brag about your great accomplishment
do white people really?

That's the point. Think of it as a real life application of darwinian theories on survival of the fittest. Before we reach base camp 1 almost 90% would be dead in the snow, and the quality of this thread will vastly improve

I guess if you were doing something physically difficult it would be more impressive in a depressurized cabin. Most people have trouble breathing at 14,000.

Being able to travel across the ocean is actually useful though, there's no real point in climbing tall mountains other than pride.

Why do white people climb mountains?

Get /out/

no one dies before base camp 1

Want to know how I know you're not white?

>I climbed Everest
>Together with a few thousand others
>On the same day
>My summit slot was 11:37:05
>Managed to take one picture

Attached: everest.png (1438x1438, 1.59M)

How?

Because it is you layman. Its difficulty is in its size, which means that if we get another situation like in 1996 when there was a delay near the top and then siudden change of weather caught people by surprise. In terms of difficulty compared with other 8000s it's probably in the first half but behind K2, Annapurna, Lhotse and maybe Kangchenjunga and Nanga Parbat but it depends. I bet you wanted to impress people that you know K2 exists. Congrats.

4 teh lulz XDDDD

there's no real point to shitpost on an anonymous imageboard either yet here we all are

Icefall is one of the most dangerous obstacles on the way and it is on the way to camp 1. The crevasses are sometimes completely invisible.

*blocks your path*

Attached: BB1B9B97-3BDF-4112-B346-496E3C78077C.jpg (640x480, 32.6K)

Instinct. Same reason niggers sit behind a computer all day and get wellfare checks.

Incorrect. Its the highest point from sea-level but the highest point on Earth (closest to space) is in the Andes.

There was also a 1989 Lho La disaster on Everest. Also where it was supposed to be safe. This mountain is a killer , another 1996 is a matter of time.

what's even the point of climbing a mountain?
>because it is there lolol
i swear to god rock climbing dudes can't shut the fuck up about how cool and dangerous and expensive their hobby is. They aren't even unique like they think. Everest literally has traffic jams every season

Attached: 49464945764946.jpg (1920x1080, 162.31K)

You mean Chimborazo but what it is is actually the highest point from the center of the Earth because the Earth is curved around the Equator but it doesn't make it the mountain with the highest elevation.

Shitposting is fun. I guess if you enjoy mountain climbing then go on ahead but bragging about climbing tall mountains is equal to bragging about shitposting really well, neither talent is actually useful to anybody.

I'm so special I climbed the highest point in the world

Attached: b28d0f01cde6932b413c7ec22bfd5048.jpg (1280x802, 175.91K)

Mount Chimborazo's peak is the furthest point on Earth from Earth's center.

what was he thinking here?

Attached: Green_Boots.jpg (750x563, 124.67K)

they didn't make it

Attached: andrew-irvine-george-mallory.jpg (600x461, 101.73K)

What about a Tesla?

inb4 less than 20 000 feet range.

Yes getting healthy and exercising has the same use as trolling in the internet. No copes here.

Well he was from India so not much.

>the atlantic
>difficult to cross
lmao protochugs and seamonkies have been crossing the pacific since before the last major cataclysm on the NA plate.

It is a tourist attraction for rich people and yes the sherpas are invaluable, but it is still physically and mentally far more demanding than what any you have done in your lives. 99,9% chance you've done nothing that comes even close to it.

I mean they're rich, stupid rich retards, yes, but they are extremely fit, rich, stupid retards.

There are easier ways to get healthy and exercise than climbing Everest user.

poo bros...

>die climbing a mountain
>your corpse will now be used as a waypoint
Kinda neat actually.

What makes Everest difficult is the altitude. In the past you had to know what you were doing and how to ascend/descend quickly before the lack of oxygen gets to you. Now oxygen systems have gotten so light and advanced any retard can do it.

chinks moved his corpse in 2014 so he doesn't even have that anymore

How rude of them.

I think those who way Everest is an easy mountain want us to be impressed that they know about K2. I we only talk about Himalayan and Karakorum mountains then Everest is among the deadliest is most dangerous. K2 or Annapurna take the first spot but the most difficult climb in general is probably Cerro Torre.

reminder that any climb on oxygen doesn’t count

>map
>tibet
jej

Attached: portuguese_pepe.jpg (360x360, 17.41K)

K2 has only been successfully climbed once in Winter ever.

And that other guy who died next to him in 2006 too? There's been some changes in Everest in the last few years. Hillary Step is probably not a thing anymore.

Agreed, also any exercise that occurs at sea level for the same reason

>You did not beat the game.

Attached: 24646346257.jpg (225x281, 29.25K)

>dat curve
FLATTARDS BTFO

If you know, you know.

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 984.47K)

imagine pissing on that

you're glowing

Attached: aMxzQDx_460s.jpg (460x588, 53.89K)

A lot of mountains have been climbed in winter only once. The Nepalese who did it in 2021 were extremely lucky because such weather they had (and most of themused bottled oxygen unlike previous expeditions) happens once every five years. And later it changed again and a few climbers of another expedition died. And because first winter climbs are consider to be as important as first summer climbs (and yes considered "first climbs" because the environment is just so much different and harsher) after K2 there's nothing else to do.
Unless they actualy do make Broad Peak Central the 15th eight thousander.

white women keep dying so it MUST be hard

he couldn't a street to poop and died from constipation

His final good morning, sirs.

wtf? Everest is based?

The first Winter climb of Lhotse was the most impressive of all.

>/out/
>going outside

Probably the worst board on this shitty website

tenzing was the first one though