Why didnt gandalf and frodo fly to mount doom?

Why didnt gandalf and frodo fly to mount doom?

Attached: 5A6D6C96-505E-40C5-865A-EDD64C367ADF.jpg (970x545, 195.54K)

Because Gandalf couldn't stay in bag end long enough for the Eagles to get summoned.

It may not be what you want to hear but Gandalf was gay. The entire excursion was just an excuse to try and get some hobbussy. Now you know.

why did you post this thread user? be honest

not even tolkien could give a logical answer, he just screech like the autist he was

I just assumed had the eagles gone to Mordor while the eye was still up, the orcs would have just shot them out the sky or at least been alerted way before hand. They only show up after mount doom blows up and the orc army is destroyed. Someone tell me why this isn't a valid reason?

'Precious, precious, precious!' Gollum cried. 'My Precious! O my Precious!' And
with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, he stepped too far,
toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a shriek he fell. Out of the
depths came his last wail Precious, and he was gone.

There was a roar and a great confusion of noise. Fires leaped up and licked the
roof. The throbbing grew to a great tumult, and the Mountain shook. Sam ran to
Frodo and picked him up and carried him out to the door. And there upon the dark
threshold of the Sammath Naur, high above the plains of Mordor, such wonder and
terror came on him that he stood still forgetting all else, and gazed as one turned to
stone.

A brief vision he had of swirling cloud, and in the midst of it towers and
battlements, tall as hills, founded upon a mighty mountain-throne above
immeasurable pits; great courts and dungeons, eyeless prisons sheer as cliffs, and
gaping gates of steel and adamant: and then all passed. Towers fell and mountains
slid; walls crumbled and melted, crashing down; vast spires of smoke and spouting
steams went billowing up, up, until they toppled like an overwhelming wave, and its
wild crest curled and came foaming down upon the land. And then at last over the
miles between there came a rumble, rising to a deafening crash and roar; the earth
shook, the plain heaved and cracked, and Orodruin reeled. Fire belched from its
riven summit. The skies burst into thunder seared with lightning. Down like lashing
whips fell a torrent of black rain. And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that
pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazgûl came, shooting like
flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and
went out.

All about the hills the hosts of Mordor raged. The Captains of the West were
foundering in a gathering sea. The sun gleamed red, and under the wings of the
Nazgûl the shadows of death fell dark upon the earth. Aragorn stood beneath his
banner, silent and stern, as one lost in thought of things long past or far away; but
his eyes gleamed like stars that shine the brighter as the night deepens. Upon the
hill-top stood Gandalf, and he was white and cold and no shadow fell on him. The
onslaught of Mordor broke like a wave on the beleaguered hills, voices roaring like a
tide amid the wreck and crash of arms.

As if to his eyes some sudden vision had been given, Gandalf stirred; and he
turned, looking back north where the skies were pale and clear. Then he lifted up his
hands and cried in a loud voice ringing above the din: The Eagles are coming! And
many voices answered crying: The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming! The
hosts of Mordor looked up and wondered what this sign might mean.

There came Gwaihir the Windlord, and Landroval his brother, greatest of all the
Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor, who built his
eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was
young. Behind them in long swift lines came all their vassals from the northern
mountains, speeding on a gathering wind. Straight down upon the Nazgûl they bore,
stooping suddenly out of the high airs, and the rush of their wide wings as they
passed over was like a gale.

Oh god, the Amazon show will have a bit where the eagles carry a WHITE MAN and are betrayed by him, before vowing to never again act as steed, won't it...

Then Gandalf, leaving all such matters of battle and command to Aragorn and the
other lords, stood upon the hill-top and called; and down to him came the great
eagle, Gwaihir the Windlord, and stood before him.

'Twice you have borne me, Gwaihir my friend,' said Gandalf. 'Thrice shall pay for
all, if you are willing. You will not find me a burden much greater than when you bore
me from Zirak-zigil, where my old life burned away.'
'I would bear you,' answered Gwaihir, 'whither you will, even were you made of
stone.'
'Then come, and let your brother go with us, and some other of your folk who is
most swift! For we have need of speed greater than any wind, outmatching the wings
of the Nazgûl.'
'The North Wind blows, but we shall outfly it,' said Gwaihir. And he lifted up
Gandalf and sped away south, and with him went Landroval, and Meneldor young
and swift. And they passed over Udun and Gorgoroth and saw all the land in ruin
and tumult beneath them, and before them Mount Doom blazing, pouring out its fire.

And so it was that Gwaihir saw them with his keen far-seeing eyes, as down the
wild wind he came, and daring the great peril of the skies he circled in the air: two
small dark figures, forlorn, hand in hand upon a little hill, while the world shook under
them, and gasped, and rivers of fire drew near. And even as he espied them and
came swooping down, he saw them fall, worn out, or choked with fumes and heat, or
stricken down by despair at last, hiding their eyes from death.

Side by side they lay; and down swept Gwaihir, and down came Landroval and
Meneldor the swift; and in a dream, not knowing what fate had befallen them, the
wanderers were lifted up and borne far away out of the darkness and the fire.

When Sam awoke, he found that he was lying on some soft bed, but over him
gently swayed wide beechen boughs, and through their young leaves sunlight
glimmered, green and gold. All the air was full of a sweet mingled scent.

He remembered that smell: the fragrance of Ithilien. 'Bless me!' he mused. 'How
long have I been asleep?' For the scent had borne him back to the day when he had
lit his little fire under the sunny bank; and for a moment all else between was out of
waking memory. He stretched and drew a deep breath. 'Why, what a dream I've
had!' he muttered. 'I am glad to wake!' He sat up and then he saw that Frodo was
lying beside him, and slept peacefully, one hand behind his head, and the other
resting upon the coverlet. It was the right hand, and the third finger was missing.
Full memory flooded back, and Sam cried aloud: 'It wasn't a dream! Then where
are we?'

And a voice spoke softly behind: 'In the land of Ithilien, and in the keeping of the
King; and he awaits you.' With that Gandalf stood before him, robed in white, his
beard now gleaming like pure snow in the twinkling of the leafy sunlight. 'Well,
Master Samwise, how do you feel?' he said.
But Sam lay back, and stared with open mouth, and for a moment, between
bewilderment and great joy, he could not answer. At last he gasped: 'Gandalf! I
thought you were dead! But then I thought I was dead myself. Is everything sad
going to come untrue? What's happened to the world?'
'A great Shadow has departed,' said Gandalf.
'But why didn't we take the eagles to begin with,' asked Sam.
'By Eru Ilúvatar,' said Gandalf, 'Shut the fuck up.'

journey>destination

Gandalf didn’t have money to subscribe EagleFly prime.

Something struck Sam violently in the back, his legs were knocked from under him and he was flung aside, striking his head against the stony floor, as a dark shape sprang over him. He lay still and for a moment all went black.
And far away, as Frodo put on the Ring and claimed it for his own, even in Sammath Naur the very heart of his realm, the Power in Barad-dur was shaken, and the Tower trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The Dark Lord was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the plain to the door that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare.
Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung.
From all his policies and webs of fear and treachery, from all his stratagems and wars his mind shook free; and throughout his realm a tremor ran, his slaves quailed, and his armies halted, and his captains suddenly steerless, bereft of will, wavered and despaired. For they were forgotten. The whole mind and purpose of the Power that wielded them was now bent with overwhelming force upon the Mountain. At his summons, wheeling with a rending cry, in a last desperate race there flew, faster than the winds, the Nazgûl the Ringwraiths, and with a storm of wings they hurtled southwards to Mount Doom.
'Fuck this!' the Nazgûl cried, 'I wish they would have rode in on those fucking Eagles!'

>hobbussy
anyone using the word "bussy" or its variants should be executed and their body dumped in the woods, I'm dead fucking serious

Because the Nazgûl would've destroyed them before they reached the mount.

neither wizards nor hobbits can fly

serioussy?

theres a tax on flying in mordor airspace

bussy

The Battle of the Black Gate or Battle of the Morannon was the final major battle of the War of the Ring, fought before Mordor's Black Gate. It resulted in the ultimate defeat of Sauron not by victory on the battlefield, but by means of the destruction of the One Ring by the Hobbit Frodo Baggins.
During the course of the battle, the remaining eight Nazgûl emerged and attacked the Army of the West. Shortly thereafter, however, the Great Eagles of the Misty Mountains, led by Gwaihir the Windlord, arrived and attacked the Ringwraiths, preventing them from pressing their aerial advantage. Trolls began to crash through the lines of infantry, and the Orcs and Easterlings made renewed assaults on the Army of the West, encircling it. That was when Frodo put on the One Ring and Sauron realized that Frodo and the Ring were inside Mount Doom. Immediately the forces of Sauron began to waver as his will was no longer driving them on.
The Nazgûl immediately left the battle to intercept Frodo. Before they could get there, however, Gollum bit the Ring off Frodo's finger and slipped into the Crack of Doom, destroying the Ring and ending Sauron's power.
Barad-dûr, the Black Gate, and the Towers of the Teeth collapsed to ruin. At this the Orcs and other creatures of Sauron at the battle scattered in disarray, and were routed by the Host of the West or fled. Seeing the power of Mordor collapse, some of the Easterlings and Haradrim fought on to the end, whilst others surrendered and were pardoned.

Shoot them with what? Arrows? Who the fuck can shoot arrows that high?

Despite the destruction of Mordor and its armies, the fight against Sauron's remaining forces continued in the northern theater of the War of the Ring for several weeks, notably at Dol Guldur in Mirkwood and at the Lonely Mountain. With Sauron's power vanquished, his forces lost these battles.
Orc strongholds also remained in Mordor and, immediately after the battle, Aragorn led a force into Mordor to destroy them.
Months later, the Battle of Bywater in the Shire against Ruffians led by Saruman, and the subsequent killing of Saruman by Wormtongue ended the War of the Ring, though it is unanimously agreed the War of the Ring would have ended sooner if they just took the fucking Eagles.

gondor outlawed the use of eagles to commute over orcish lands because of the racist connotations of avoiding interacting with orcs on public roads

The nazgul probably. Certainly gandalf could have carried the ring and fight them but he couldn't carry the ring because of its perversive properties, and frodo over an eagle was too risky. It was better to try to sneak into it by foot using some magic shenanigans but alas gandalf got "killed" and frodo and sam were too gay to stay with the fellowship.

During the course of the battle, the eight remaining Nazgûl attacked the army of the West. The Eagles of the Misty Mountains, led by Gwaihir the Windlord, arrived and attacked the Ringwraiths. The main host of Mordor managed to reach that of the West's, and despair was set among them. The Orcs laughed cruelly as they smashed against the Western forces, which began to dwindle, and the Ringwraiths overhead filled them with terror. At that moment, when all hope seemed lost, Frodo put on the One Ring and Sauron realized that Frodo was inside Mount Doom. The Nazgûl immediately left the battle to intercept Frodo. The hosts of Mordor were suddenly without direction; the Orc laughter ceased, the Evil Men hesitated, and many knights of the West began to repel the attackers in a charge. Gandalf ordered them to halt, for the hour of doom was about to come. Indeed, Gollum bit the Ring off Frodo's finger and then fortuitously fell into the Crack of Doom, and Sauron's power was overthrown.

The Nazgûl had been flying over Mount Doom just as it underwent a gigantic volcanic eruption, and they were all destroyed in the firestorm. Barad-dûr, the Black Gate, and the Towers of the Teeth collapsed to ruin. The Orcs and other creatures of Sauron were completely directionless with the Dark Lord's demise and fled mindlessly; some falling into pits, others outright killing themselves, and many fleeing. Many Easterlings and Haradrim fled as well or surrendered, though others banded together in their hatred and fought on stalwartly.

flying nazigul and AA guns

The desperate gambit of the West had succeeded, even as Frodo ultimately succumbed to the Ring. It was destroyed forever, and Sauron was disembodied permanently, his shadow fading away from Barad-dûr. Many surviving Orcs and Men retreated to the mountains or northward, where fighting against Sauron's remaining forces would continue for several weeks, notably at Dol Guldur in Mirkwood and at Erebor, but the power of the Dark Lord of Mordor was no more. The Western soldiers, weary and many injured, rested and healed before the host marched back to Minas Tirith, lamenting, "Why the fuck didn't they just use the Eagles?"

copeussy and seetheussy

Hobbits are natural postmen

fr this be bussin ong

the tax policy didn't allow it.

delusional faggots who long for the rectums of other men, enjoy your aids with a side of monkeypox

Attached: ultra_scope_21.jpg (1024x587, 179.44K)