*invents movies*

*invents movies*

Attached: 16539273126866.jpg (1320x743, 136.17K)

>goes to movies first

I know it's cool to shit on Tarantino on this board but he also gave Walton Goggins his n-word pass.

Attached: A07E3840-2CEF-4FF0-9E4D-C847AEB0C1A6.png (1192x544, 73.06K)

Fuck off and stop spamming the board schizo

This board is full of spam, who made you the thread police?

*invents foot*

Attached: 87F7136A-097B-4AD1-9092-F05582B9FA91.jpg (640x360, 38.8K)

Tarantula is good because he introduces younger audiences to older flicks that he pays homage to. Say what you want about his flicks but he seem genuinely passionate about filmmaking.

*invents uno farto*

Attached: 1653693303777.gif (499x259, 3.01M)

hate how this fucktard is normie's first non-blockbuster director, and they think he's some sort of genius for it, like his flicks are experimental and deep at all
don't get me wrong, they're fun and mostly well made, but also they're pretty much edgy cartoons with the same quirky tropes over and over
still, people can't see one funny dialogue on screen without going "WOAH, THAT'S SO TARANTINO"

I think that's the point of his movies, as childish as it sounds.

When you go to one of his films you know what you're gonna get, snappy and we'll written dialogue, good lighting, visceral action.

They are simply fun well made flicks that he makes because he likes doing it.

>they're fun and mostly well made
opinion discarded

sure, I have nothing against that, and I've seen nearly all of his stuff
my point is it kind of gets tiresome because of how overly glorified he is by people who think he's anything but one step above capeshit, plus how up his own ass he is

damn bro you are seething something fierce

I did.
Got a problem with that?

ignore him, he's a janny he can't do anything but complain to the mods, however this thread is not going to get deleted

Attached: 1641419557227.png (917x1027, 26.75K)

I don’t think the dialogue is as well written as people make it out to be. Yeah it’s snappy and quick but it’s often not entirely believable and unmistakably sounds like a scripted monologue or exchange written by some geek who is high on his own farts.

I like his movies overall but they are almost cartoonish and just haven’t hit the next level. They lack a certain maturity or some other quality that just holds them back. Hateful Eight would have been so much better if they didn’t have ridiculous blood splatter and make it like some gay theatre production.

>tarantino
such a brilliant writer. every character speaks in exactly the same way and that way is exactly how he speaks when interviewed. wow, so creative, such a genius.

But that's what I'm talking about.

His movies don't NEED to go to the next level, Tarantino is happiest in his niche

I’m speaking as an audience member and from that perspective I don’t care if HE’S happiest making the same sorts of movies over and over again. I know he’s having a great time and making millions doing it, good for him, but I find his movies repetitive in their dialogue and delivery. You’d think at some point after like 30 years he’d want to go outside his comfort zone.

fully agreed
plus, it feels like his movies never tackle any themes beyond the basic plot
there are no reflections to be made, nothing to think about
the characters themselves have no deep feelings, they're just shallow pieces made for delivering quips and driving the plot forward
take a Scorsese gangster movie for instance, like Goodfellas, which is also highly accessible, and see how it tackles themes of guilt, corruption, the criminal life, friendship and time, drug abuse, etc
see how it compares to Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, which have little to offer but what's shown directly on screen

>Make movie title look old-timey
>Play music from the 60's
>Have a foot fag scene
>Show a lot of blood, but in comic-book style

Can I be a millionaire now?

Agreed on all counts. His movies are cartoonish and pretty superficial and hollow. What do you remember from Pulp Fiction? Individual scenes with cool one liners and/or graphic violence. You remember the cool dancing, the hypodermic needles in Uma’s chest and Jules’ based monologue. You don’t go away with food for thought or wondering about anything. The briefcase MacGuffin was so stupid and obvious and that’s as far as intrigue and ambiguity went in that movie.

Like I said I like his movies but they are basically cartoons.

Hollywood was him leaving his comfort zone I think.
Of course he blew his load with the ending but ehh.

Imagine not being able to make 1 million dollars these days. I have to go out of my way not to make so much money (I think wealth is vulgar)

Give it to me then