/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiSj#FN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>FAQ
pastebin.com/W1ja9dwp

Previous:

Attached: fe0b7391ab8c87cd711e754ece622fc7e91d0f315d8924406503228607bdc30c_1.jpg (1080x1361, 409.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_White_City
youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are we back?

Attached: Heston.jpg (717x900, 96.29K)

can you fellas recommend me more films like this? It doesn't need to be a noir just with same feels

Attached: npz6imAc55viSlErqx5RV1pItUSk2B_large.jpg (1288x1600, 409.87K)

dead general

Without watching the movie you posted,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_White_City

i miss schizo /film/

Can't believe /film/ is tot

Not doing too hot right now, are we.

It's not but here's a nice little Totenschadel.

Attached: 1660707585738008.png (2400x1350, 1.83M)

Is Ye /film/?

youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Attached: 1661608716650021.jpg (1080x1554, 360.56K)

The cartoon is the only good thing in that picture. That says a lot

The Northman is good and I'm still not sure what to make of Revenge of the Sith.

man these threads used to be a blast a year or two ago, you guys encouraged me to watch so many good movies and rekindled a love of film I'd lost for half a decade to the convenience of tv and videogames.
i'll be forever grateful to this general but i've not enjoyed a /film/ thread in a long loooooong time

How about you contribute something of value then? Shitposting, for a lack of quality discussion, is what keeps these bumped.

they used to stay alive of their own volition because they were filled with people bound by a shared enthusiasm that couldn't stop talking about great films. seems like these threads are filled with pleb pretenders and it's just like the rest of the board now, it serves no purpose and im not going to be the one to try and revive it. that last post was basically my eulogy, I'm done with /film/, thanks for the good times, sorry this is how you ended up ol' girl.

>tfw you haven't watched a /film/ in weeks because kg had hundreds of short old cartoons as freeleech which you are now compelled to watch
send help pls

>im not going to be the one to try and revive it
Of course not. You're a weak little cumguzzler with a spine of glass.

byeee !

I haven't posted here in many months which means I'm also contributing to the death of this general.
Also, yearly reminder to hoard Japanese films.

These threads were always garbage. You were just an innocent little newfag then so you didn't know any better.

>Also, yearly reminder to hoard Japanese films.
In order to burn them?

Why?

you should be a prime candidate to inhale copious volumes of smoke

Lucky me we've stacked up on face masks these last years.

unlucky for me, im stuck in this room with a pleb moid who hates ALL japanese films

She sounds based. Care to introduce us?

One day I will get back to my watchlist and maybe to these threads.

Attached: only 325 more cartoon shorts until I can get back to films.jpg (858x1057, 403.83K)

Based on what?

Based on her contempt for live action weebshit.