Shitty Horror

That shit fucking sucked, why is there no good horror kino? The ceiling is so low for such an expansive genre, and found footage seems to be the worst of it.
Can't believe I wasted my night watching this crap.

Attached: VHS 2012.jpg (680x1008, 334.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/whZnMPT8qQ8
aznude.com/view/celeb/h/helenrogers.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I never got the hype of the Black Phone over the Summer. If this is the best that "Horror" has to offer now then it's completely dead.

Attached: MV5BMTA0Yzc5ODUtNzlhNy00MzM2LThmNzQtOTQ5N2NhM2ViOWYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQWRvb2xpbmhk._V1_.jpg (1415x796, 40.84K)

vhs2 segment safe haven is the best of the series, original vhs still had some interesting segments though I don't know what to tell you

Hey I actually like the one with Michael Cera and the twist was pretty creepy when it turned out the long distance boyfriend was actually inside the apartment the whole time but it’s kinda weird if you think how he was in the next victim’s house

Attached: 1350BB96-1411-4337-8D03-DBADF28E779C.jpg (1920x1080, 263.22K)

>bad horror movie released
>"le genre is dead!!!"
>thousands of awful comedies, dramas, sci fi and romcoms released every year
>"crickets"
every fucking time

I liked this girl's tits despite her goofy areolas. The guy in this movie who gets stabbed in the throat made a career for himself with shitty low budget sex movies where he got blue blooded rich NYC art hos to show their tits and ass on film. Based? Perhaps.

The Empty Man. Horror kino that literally nobody saw in theaters except me. I was there opening night because I just wanted to see a movie and the trailer made it look like some dumb “monster kills teens movie”. I thought I was in for The Bye Bye Man 2.

I was so, so wrong. It’s pure kino. Fincher would be proud of what David Prior has made. It has become easily my favorite horror movie. It does the slow burn, thoughtful indie bullshit that A24 loves to make - but it does it good. It’s a perfect piece of lovecraftian cinema. I just wish it had gotten a Blu-ray release.

I forgot the dude who did AM1200 did Empty Man. I've had it downloaded for a year now, I'm gonna watch it in October.

>I liked this girl's tits despite her goofy areolas.
They were a nice pair, and I managed to snag a copy of the film at a dollar store. Standard definition still shows the goods.

Don't watch any movie, especially any horror movie, made after 2007.

V/H/S, its sequels and the ABCs of Death were some of the most overrated shite of modern horror. Unfortunately there's nothing really new out there at all really worthwhile unless you're just a gorehound. Horror is pretty much dead.

It's a shame these movies were made by the mumblegore crowd. I like what VHS set out to do. The succubus segment is unfiltered kino. The cheating whore sleep stab is genuinely unsettling. This segment was a good idea. The Halloween party one was...okay. That fifth was garbage.

Then we get one more good segment (the Indo cult) and everything else was utter shit. Now it's a whole new level of shit. Shills or bad-taste having motherfuckers always pop up to say they loooove VHS 94, one of the worst movies I've ever seen all the way through.

ABCs of Death are hit or miss with like a 5% success rate. That Southbound was more dumb mumblegore. XX, the same, but chick shit. They need REAL filmmakers to jump on the anthology bandwagon so we can get some kino again. But they won't because these movies never get real budgets, and they know horror fans have such a low bar for what they'll put up with.

Empty Man is fantastic. It’s the only movie I can think of that spends five minutes building tension, then gives the audience a laugh while not deflating the tension and keeping that tension going without it feeling interrupted. I don’t know if that makes sense, but you’ll understand when it happens.

The film is fantastic, but don’t go in expecting The Conjuring. It’s not really even a horror per se, imo. It takes a clichè horror set up and explores it in a detective thriller way. It’s a slow burn, but never boring unlike some A24 films. Once the main story gets going after the prologue, it always keeps you engaged and interested because of the detective mystery aspect.

It’s worth watching with a good sound system. I was blown away by the sound when I saw it in theaters. It’s a crime the studio killed this movie. They hated what the director made, so they created another cut that was a 90 minute Slenderman clone. Thank god they relented and said Prior could release this version - even though I recall him saying there was a few small editing changes he wanted made that never happened for the final cut.

It's just fine. Go back.

You've won me over with your pitch. I love detective movies, especially when there are horror elements simmering in the background.

Try Savageland.

Then you’ll love it. It’s so good. The score is great too. Down Paths To Dark Woods is one of my favorite pieces from a movie score: youtu.be/whZnMPT8qQ8

>Shills"
>For something as niche as VHS
Find another buzzword, manchild. This is your way of coping with the fact people disagree with you

Nice to see that Christopher Young is still making scores all these years after Hellraiser.

The Indonesian short in 94 was alright. Not really horror and it looked more like a videogame, but it was fun and the mad doctor had a great performance.

It was the only good part of that movie. It was the only segment that made me feel something (bad for the robo-chick).

Link me brother

aznude.com/view/celeb/h/helenrogers.html