Let's admit it, is not that they succeeded because they were particulary good...

Let's admit it, is not that they succeeded because they were particulary good, they were successful just because they had a lot of money involved behind them, every possible cinema rented for them and week if not months of ad campaigns, there are random tv shows or anime with better stories than those and no one cares about them because they didn't have as much money/ads/diffusion as those movies made by big studios

Attached: Screenshot_272.png (934x897, 115.37K)

How did Furious 7 make that much money, was Paul Walker dying that big of a deal?

yeah you had months of "poor paul" spammed everywhere, the song of the movie is still one of the most viewed videos on youtube too

>there are random tv shows or anime
Just say you're trans first so I don't have to waste my time reading the rest of your drivel

>liking tv shows and anime makes you trans
holy shit how low we have fallen

Lion King was go- oh the modern movie outsold the remake?

They make more money because inflation and population growth. It's an easy trick

>or anime

lmao no. Grow the fuck up faggot.

Market growth too. We've expanded globally a lot more. Domestic box office is a better metric now if you want to compare vs. historical.

Or maybe they have established good movies and more people trust them....thus meaning they know they are going to get a good movie and all show up.

>anime
OOF

Remember, just because a movie makes lots of money it doesn’t mean it’s a good movie. It just means that it had decent enough marketing and media hype /social media hype or meme hype to convince people to check it out.

I’d be more interested in seeing a list of films that made the highest percentage on their initial investment

for example, a movie that cost $10 million but made $200 million is much more impressive than a film that cost $300 million and made a billion

Pretty sure Rocky is the winner

My Big Fat Greek Wedding had a 5M budget and made 368M

This is the real list.

Attached: adjusted for inflation.png (2070x4458, 895.14K)

Back in 50s (?) people went more to the movies than they do today.

When you adjust for inflation, no 21st century film is even in the top 10 box office takes of all time. And only inflation-adjusted numbers matter because obviously if tickets to one film cost 25 cents and tickets to another cost $10 then it’s gonna be easy for the second film to outsell the first while actually being far less popular and selling far fewer tickets.

Uh he’s right about anime clearly, not tv in general

holy shit thanks for the detailed explanation, i thought "inflation" referred to current movies inflated runtime but i now i was wrong

Anime website. Go back

>Anime website.
source?

Dumb newfag

I've been here since 2004 though...