Bought the first 3 films on DVD for $2 AUD, what am I in for?

Bought the first 3 films on DVD for $2 AUD, what am I in for?
Watched the first film last night and I thought it was great, I really liked seeing Johnny Depp (watched the court case and I like him a lot now), I liked Barbarossa and Will Turner but Keira Knightleys character was a bit boring
Seeing Mackenzie Crook on screen was great, I love him for Detectorists and the Office
When does the start of the inevitable decline of the series start?

Attached: 1646856466796.jpg (1200x675, 158.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IwD8vH_cFSk
youtube.com/watch?v=UwXO9P79o2c
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First 3 are kino incarnate. 4 is where it dives straight down only to climp up a bit at 5. Keira becomes better as the movies goes on and the second movie introduces two of the best characters

Don't buy the rest of them

Thanks user
5 isn't worth getting?

>When does the start of the inevitable decline of the series start?
2 is the decline but 3 is when things go quite a bit off the walls. With the benefit of hindsight it wasn't as bad as I remember but not as good as people say it is 3 is just not very good mostly because a lot of shit doesn't make sense but 3 is really carried by its performances mostly from Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy. 4 is when they truly become schlock movies. 5 was decent enough increase in quality from 4 but 5 is still fairly awful.

First is great. Second is fantastic. Third is good. The franchise ends there.

I thought 4 was fine. Depp just acted like Sparrow kind of and looked decent.

5 was horrendous. He was well into Heard abusing by the time they filmed it so he was a bloated overweight literal drunk mess and was on all kinds of medication for the finger tip she chopped off. They should have fucking delayed filming. He looked great again during promotion for 5. He looks and acts horrendous in it.

>5 isn't worth getting?
Imagine the action scenes from the first one and now look at this
youtube.com/watch?v=IwD8vH_cFSk
The movies post 3 are lots of scenes like this on top of becoming the Johnny Depp show.

This seems like a bollywood film

>Geoffrey Rush
He was also falsely accused of sexual assault and he won a defamation trial in Australia but it killed his career.

its funny because I remember people thinking this was a little to wacky back in the day
youtube.com/watch?v=UwXO9P79o2c
I guess the one of the real problem is the need for them to keep trying to 1 up the previous films in terms of action and set piece.

DVD?

Attached: 1661316083891130.png (1000x563, 367.03K)

I don't understand why they need to one-up the previous films. Do people really watch a movie and think "Hmm, this isn't as high-stakes as that other movie I watched 3 years ago, this sucks!"

First one is the only good one

2 and 3 have their moments but they're unnecessary sequels which inexplicably revert Sparrow back to retard mode because lol rum funny even though it was basically a deliberate act in part 1

Attached: pirates14.jpg (1295x2000, 498.96K)

I loved these movies as a kid. They’re probably the reason I grew up to really like pirate-themed stuff. I plan to marathon them at some point since it’s been a while

As most have said scope creep and obsession with spectacle shows up in the 2nd movie and takes over by the end of the 3rd. 2 is a bit worse than the first and 3 is a bit worse than 2, but that isn't saying much as the 1st is modern adventure kino. The writing and execution of Curse of the Black Pearl is just excellent. It stands on its own as a fantastic movie up there with the best of the adventure genre and is appreciated by just about anyone. 2 and 3 are still very fun but may not have the universal appeal the 1st did. That being said if you are really into 1 you're unlikely to be very disappointed with 2 or 3. 4 to an extent and especially 5 is where even diehard fans gave up on the franchise.
>I liked Barbarossa
Barbossa user, Barbossa. He's got a monkey on his shoulder not ravens. And if he was a standout character for you, keep watching, you won't be disappointed.

capeshit on a boat

>4 is where it dives straight down only to climp up a bit at 5
Absolutely not. 4 is a 5/10. Not really worth watching, but not unwatchable either. 5 is 0/10 and one of the worst big hollywood movies I've seen in recent years and shouldn't be watched by anyone.

Bring me that horizon.

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 817.84K)

The first one is amazing. Pure cinema. A taste of something Disney never did, which was a PG-13 movie. It was intended for a teen to adult audience with notable scarier moments.

The second one is more Jack Sparrow but the villain is who truly steals the show and that's only followed up by the villains secret cephlapod weapon.

The third one...overstays its welcome. Everyone gets a big speech, everyone gets a big moment, things are wrapped up after a lot of CGI but it meanders to get there and probably could have had 20 minutes shaved off of it. The villains death at the end is probably the best shot in the entire series.

Honestly, its an amazing thing at all these films exist seeing as how they were entirely based off of all things, a Disney theme park ride.

1st, to me, is basically a rewatchable action-adventure classic on par with Raiders of the Lost Ark. 2nd and 3rd do not recapture the magic of the first but have a lot of redeeming qualities and were clearly made by a talented, passionate crew

>Bought

Attached: pepelaugh.png (634x650, 236.28K)

There's a lot of merit in DMC and AWE but still wonder if the franchise could have went in a different direction after Pearl. I've said before that in a different universe, the sequel never needed Elizabeth or Will. Pick up shortly after the first movie with Norrington and his crew pursuing Jack and the Black Pearl. The chase takes them as far as the coast of west Africa, both ships get wrecked in some massive storm, and both crews wash up ashore only to be enslaved by African warriors, with some weird voodoo cult thing going on. It's essentially a buddy cop movie with Jack and Norrington. They have good chemistry and make a real odd couple. I think it would have been cool despite how much I liked Davy Jones in DMC. Either the voodoo cult leader has his own agenda or he's got some deal with Davy Jones where his magic sacrificial shit creates the storms off the coast of Africa (one such storm being the thing that shipwrecks Jack/Norton) so Jones can saddle up to the dying, shipwrecked crews that are left stranded out at sea and recruit them into the Dutchman. Main villain is black voodoo cult leader but Davy Jones is the linger, greater but off-screen threat who gets hyped up. Only glimpses of the guy. He's the big bad in 3rd one and is gunning for Norton and Jack specifically because he's partly angry over them killing his steady supply of lost souls and partly because he realises they're damn talented men, so think of his villainous agenda basically being a very aggressive recruitment campaign. The scale really quite small - on par with Pearl, not a big pirate vs. east india company war. You'd basically have a trilogy where 2/3rds of the movies are a buddy cop thing with Jack and Norrington.

The direction was lacking. They have Blackbeard as the villain and he's portrayed by Ian McShane, yet he's the most boring villain of the franchise. How the FUCK do you cock that one up? The movie would have been filmed in 2010, so only 4 years after Deadwood. And these retards didn't think to make McShane basically do a less foul mouthed pirate version of Al? It takes a special kind of idiocy to waste McShane like that.

Attached: 292441a2a3b24d37ee6cfc3d2e9b0bfee9a3f0a6d2c92f1205b49da73a65d8e0.0.jpg (1200x800, 93.46K)