Animation is a western art

Why do faggots suck off anime so much? Japan copied the West not the other way around.

Attached: heavymetal_onesheet_1400x2100.jpg (560x840, 349.5K)

RADAR RADAR RADAR
RIDER!

Shut the fuck up, Daniel.

West stopped doing traditional animation, while the nips keeps the medium alive with tons of new shit every year.

Western animation is now almost exclusively 3DCG or horrendous Flash-tier-animated cartoons with cringeworthy "Cartoon characters but they curse and talk about adult shit like sex and drugs lmao". Even if a western cartoon is well-animated on a technical level, the writing in modern western cartoons is too laden with cynisicm for me to get invested. There is nothing genuine in them anymore - its all about subverting expectations, celebrating ugliness and rejection of beauty and traditional values.

Call the gooks soulless if you want, but they still produce animation with heart, beauty and without any agendas outside of an auteur going "I want to make this".

Attached: belle.jpg (1920x810, 488.33K)

Name the last actually good western animation.

Fantasia

Oh please. All the new anime shit looks gay and cringy as fuck. Grimy shit is better. Anime was alright in the 90s but it's just too soft and pristine looking now.

What are some of Any Forumss favorite anime kinos? Looking for more shit to watch.

Some stuff I liked:
>Redline
>Princess Mononoke
>Wolf Children, Mirai, Boy and the Beast, I really dig most of Hosodas work
>Sword of the Stranger
>Your Name

Attached: redline-2009-review.jpg (1000x561, 115.91K)

>>Princess Mononoke
The rest of Studio Ghibli's works.
>>Sword of the Stranger
Heike Story, Dororo, Basilisk, Ninja Scroll, Onihei, Death Frenzy.
>>Your Name
A Silent Voice, Maquia

>*is an unapologetic furry who makes kino in your path*

Attached: hosoda_filmography_0.jpg (1000x949, 130.84K)

Behold; The last Western animation with SOVL

Attached: tps.jpg (1671x969, 86.23K)

Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2
Titan A.E. to just name few.
>Also nigger

>without any agendas

Making money

Legend of the Galactic Heroes was pretty kino, just watch the older version

Attached: MV5BOGI5MTM0YTYtZjVmZC00ZmRkLThlZmItZTY0Y2YzZjhlNTI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwNDUxODI@._V1_.jpg (1000x1503, 187.67K)

I like wicked city

Wolfwalkers

Tenshi no Tamago
The Adolescence of Utena
End of Evangelion

Attached: 43.jpg (640x369, 20.09K)

Thanks fren, been meaning to watch it but I try to stay away from series since the time investment is always a turnoff. I like being able to put on a kino and have a complete story play out within a matter of hours instead of slaving away for weeks.

That said, I've heard enough good about LotGH to realize its probably worth it.

I'll be watching the old version. but out of curiousity, how was the new version?

There's plenty in Europe. Ethel & Ernest, L'illusionniste, Persepolis, Loving Vincent.

The west executed traditional animation, corrupted and simplified it to the level of cartoon network abomination. Even in the golden age western producers always choose adaptations of 100-year-old fairy tails instead of original stories.

Attached: 16268219044100.png (768x480, 307.34K)

Actually don't watch it, you wouldn't like it.

And those are literally two decades ago

>Japan copied the West
They know. Anime characters have big eyes because look at Betty Boop.