Why didn't Nolan save this character for the third film?

Why didn't Nolan save this character for the third film?
TDK was a perfect "Two-Face" origin story; the first 2 acts are completely devoted to setting him up as a villain. Why do all that work only to dispose of him 30 minutes later?

Attached: chudface.jpg (1400x661, 96.91K)

Because killing Heath wasn't enough for him

when i was watching the movie i genuinely thought the movie was gonna end after rachel died, harvey had his face burned and batman was standing in the rubble while firemen were putting out the fire or whatever with the monologue in the background. it was the perfect cut off point for the second movie

I felt this same way, user. Then it went on for 30 more minutes. TDK should have been The Joker's movie, with Harvey Dent as a supporting character, and the third film show have been Two-Face's.

>tfw no 4 way gang war between bane joker two face and the police in tdkr

Because Two-Face is just a disabled man, whats he gonna do? Scare children on the street by being ugly? Real big problem for Batman to handle.

Once he saw Ledger's performance, he knew he had to bring him back for the finale.

Incredible to think about the version of TDKR that was taken from us vs. the meme that we got.

He could have partnered with the mob and used his political acumen and connections to subvert gothams legal systems. Or something, idunno

he was a small guy

Apparently initially the plan was exactly what you wrote. Movie 2 would had been about Joker and the making of two Face. Movie 3 with Two face was the main villain.
Then they decided Dent's downfall would had played better in a single movie. By the time of Ledger's death they didnt bothered yet to think about how movie 3 would had played, aside vagues ideas of making the Joker's trial a key plot point

"Oh Jesus Christ, Harvey! You look fucking awful. I know you used to be the DA and now you live on disability, a..and I just feel so bad for you but I gotta be honest. Looking at you makes me sick, physically ill. I want to vomit. Please never contact me again. Yea I know we went golfing every Saturday and you're the godparent to my children, heres 100 dollars now please leave." -every political and personal connection he ever had

Absolute bullshit.

Do you not remember how half of gotham PD was corrupt?

Oh yea, and I'm sure all of these corrupt cops would instantly trust the most honest, hard working, law-abiding DA Gotham has ever seen just because a mob boss melted half his face off. They surely wouldn't be suspicious about a man who spent all of his life putting criminals behind bars and busting the very peoples balls who put dirty money in their pockets, no sirree. Definitely not suspicious at all.

The mob trusted Joker. Why?

Why didnt they give a proper final showdown w Joker? He's literally left hanging after the bat vision thing.

I assume they wanted him for the last and third film or the trilogy but then heath died.

A neat magic trick.

They didn't.

Because there was a plan for the third, something involving the Joker. Then Heath died, Nolan threw out the plan, and stopped caring.

If Ledger lived and was in “TDKR”, would we still have gotten the Plane Scene?

For who?

What was the plan? How would the film have differed?