What are some underrated cyberpunk movies?

what are some underrated cyberpunk movies?

Attached: 1643900736472.jpg (1200x1200, 110.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0114558/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cybersluts 2069

Definitely not Johnny Mnemonic. I really like Neuromancer, never read anything else by Gibson, but the movie is boring and stupid.

this movie was horrible.

the sequels arent as good but are nice

Nirvana was pretty kino albeit a little clumsy. The Matrix clearly stole a lot from it.
The disjointed unpredictability of it lends it its own charm.

imdb.com/title/tt0114558/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6
I've literally never seen this movie talked about on Any Forums, but its really interesting and it has based Ralph Finnes in the main role.

ive seen it recommended a few times, good movie

blade runner is slightly underrated, compared to the incredible success the Villeneuve one is

its probably the most worshipped cyberpunk movie if anything its somewhat overrated.
aesthetics and feel are kino but the plot is kinda fucked

Dark City I guess? It's not cyberpunk, but has that noir vibe that Blade Runner also has (I don't even think BR is cyberpunk, in all honesty)

this is mentioned several times a day you tourist

I just finished Count Zero and loved it, almost more than Neuromancer.

The recent movie Upgrade is very cyberpunk. I also feel like Total Recall has some cyberpunk vibes. Robotcop as well.

the count zero characters were great, i loved them but i kinda feel like it skirts around the actual main plot of the book without showing you what everything's about.
atleast in neuromancer case was on the front seat of the straylight run and everything related to it, in count zero and mona lisa overdrive if teels like you're just following side characters, very interesting ones but still side characters.

Bai Ling's nipples could take your eye out

Attached: genegeneration.jpg (1934x1088, 314.55K)

nirvana

Read Mona Lisa Overdrive, finish the trilogy. I'll always prefer Neuromancer over all, but Count Zero is almost equal to it, yes. Mona Lisa isn't, but it's still a good read. Reading all three, like with the Bridge trilogy, makes you appreciate the hints and seemingly dropped story threads that reappear in the other books. If I'd read Virual Light and Idoru without knowing they were connected, I'd have never figured it out, because book 3 ties it all up.

reading ATP right now

finished mona lisa a few months ago too i didnt like the ending and didnt feel like it really tied up the previous books, i'd say
neuromancer>count zero>mona lisa

I watched Cyborg 2 just to see young Angie and I actually enjoyed it.
Hardware was fun too.

you're right neither are cyberpunk

blade runner is cyberpunk

I dont think it is, its more sci fi noir than cyberpunk

Some people think that cyberpunk has to include the proto-internet and deck-hackers in sunglasses who "jack in" to the mainframe.

it's not even remotely, it's a noir. the source material is a precursor to cyberpunk
>some people think words have to actually have definitions

thats one flavor of 'cyber' for your cyberpunk, replicants is another.
'cyberdecks' and 'jacking in' to the 'mainframe' is just neuromancer influences in cyberpunk. and i love that shit but thats not all it is
well it's from before the word was used to refer to it that way

Attached: 1653897891122.jpg (3159x1770, 398.62K)