Did one (1) bad movie really kill his career?

Did one (1) bad movie really kill his career?

Attached: 55d9caadfb115733088eb3d20924e8e2.jpg (540x674, 69.63K)

He's one of the highest paid actors in history. He can take a break.

he never had any career before mcu

He is starring in Bravo Nolan's magnum opus.

His career is ludicrously profitable, but he'll never be taken seriously again. It's a strange conundrum.

That's because he went to jail. He was never going to be taken seriously again, but at least he got massive popularity with Tropic Thunder and Iron Man and massive money with the franchise.

he stopped being taken seriously when all he became known for was being a massive junkie who would wake up in random peoples beds. he had to become a (man)child's entertainer to get rid of that reputation. not the worst outcome, all things considered

Yeah, at least he had Chaplin before the MCU. Now he has nothing.

he's probably got the best and biggest comeback story of this generation of films

This
He's ironman and that's all he'll ever be. No one will take him seriously in any other role again

He would've taken any role after he got clean. What he ended up doing is honestly a stroke of pure luck. He still has a bigger fanbase than most actors can dream of.

Zoom zoom here

What was the normie reaction to a failed druggie being cast as Iron Man?

mad how he could have easily just become another Charlie Sheen but instead became perhaps the most famous actor in the world
the paths we take

I guess he had cleaned up his look enough by this point

Attached: rdj.png (572x815, 122.31K)

There appears to be a tranny opinion in there.

Less then Zero is peak 80's kino and you cannot tell me it's not.

Rent. Free.

He's like Hank Azaria where they are both really good actors but you would never know because one big thing they did overshadows everything else they do

Iron Man was a meaningless nobody who nobody cared about before RDJ made him famous

Everyone knew he was a drunk and thats it. In Europe he was known because the cartoon was really good

Triggered lmao

I was never into comics but I remember mmo nerds in the early 2000s arguing over superheroes and Iron Man was a big one.

no one really thought anything of it at all, it was just another superhero movie, staring a washed up druggie and directed by the guy who did Elf starring Will Ferrell. You have to remember this was pre-MCU, meaning like during the age of Ben Affleck’s Daredevil and Hale Berry’s Catwoman. stand-alone superhero films were a dime a dozen and most of them sucked