The Sandman: S1x05

>The Sandman: S1x05

Okay but what the fuck was that all about? They set up this super scary antagonist who stole the ruby. And then 2 episodes later he goes down with so little effort
Also, that whole episode revolving the Buñel "El ángel exterminador" (people trapped in a room and slowly turning to their most vile instincts) was kinda pointless.
Is that in the comic book as well? because the series had a great pace until then

Attached: Rp7TXrmG6LZPo2AuMfgW5n.jpg (1920x1080, 396.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5kIP70LAIBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes ..is in the comics, also this Jhon Dee guy i supossed to be an old foe of the Justice League.
After this he Just return him to Arkham.

Attached: images (45).jpg (783x391, 57.32K)

its one of the best and horrific issues in mainstream comics
i was so fucking let down i stopped watching it after that

wait- "John" is the Scarecrow..?
How? wasn't he locked in a completely different facility or like they had to change Arkham asylum with another place because of legal reasons?

any link where I can read the comic?
because in the show it only seemed like...shock value and that's it.

John Dee escapes from Arkham with the help of Scarecrow. Also included in the comics are references to Superman, Batman, Robin, and an appearance by Martian Manhunter. However, Netflix owns none of those IPs so they had to rewrite the story from the comic to avoid getting sued. It was extremely good in the comics and had some slight differences.
My primary complaint is they did the sexual pairings poorly. The waitress wants to be recognized so she should have been paired with the black nigga. The lesbian girl should have been paired with the silver fox and expressed her major daddy issues. This wasn't how it was in the comics (none of the pairings were actually shown) but it would have been kino.

Sandman is a collection of short stories basically, so yeah, it's in the comics
you should check out fan made short movie of this scene, I enjoyed it more

All dc connections were dumb and I'm glad there's no batman cameo

I sort of agree but Dream showing up to Martian Manhunter was pretty kino. Of course this was the John Constantine episode and Netflix doesn't own Constantine either and had to give us that mess of a quip machine Johanna.

youtu.be/5kIP70LAIBI
Didn't watch the show but im confident this fan made film is better

yes thats how it happens in the comic too

Attached: dreamNdee.png (532x821, 386.34K)

Welcome to the writings of Neil Gaiman, resolves most things off screen and has endings so lukewarm they are so fucking boring.

its to show you how fucked it is for dreams to exist in the real world and why dreams and "lies" are important, Dream flat out explains this end of the episode in case you didn't get it also they DC connect isn't their because they didn't want to connect it, Gaiman even said it was a mistake to include jla in the comic and he wishes he hadn't, finally you can read comics online

that's pretty cool.
There's both Houses (mystery and secrets) and I remember then from Justice League dark.
Also Lucifer, etc, they are characters from the comis. I might want to read the actual Sandman comic since it sounds more tied together to the DC universe and that's cool. It's a shame WB couldn't get their shit together because from what I've seen this is one of the most comic book accurate transposition, I mean some shots look exactly like the comic panels.
kino IMHO

no I got that, it's just that the "i can't get out of the cafè" is oddly similar to the Bunel movie and I wanted to know if it's in the comics too. The part where "dreams are important because they give us hope" is kino

I just read inn at the end of the world and that ending was fucking amazing

Attached: The Funeral.jpg (1360x1047, 687.33K)

The only decent episode were e1 and the one about immortal guy.
All the rest of the episodes were under 6/10.

the diner was good the cereal convention was good and hell was good, also dream of a thousand cats and callopi was great

You're either a big fan of the series or you have shit taste m8.
Hell was the worst episode.

Sure he has good ideas, I like his world building still his endings are ass. Also that body anatomy is really bothering me now like his arm and his body positioning is really wacky.

>any link where I can read the comic?
not on my laptop but try readcomiconline.to
the issue is called 24 hour diner cant remember the issue number maybe 7?

the arm hold the book, yea kinda, and again no many of the short stories in sandman have great endings inn at the end of the world has many examples as its a story about people telling each other stories

i'm a big fan of the series, what didn't you like about hell? the only different was he dueled lucifer instead of the duke

it looks almost 1:1 in parts, shame about the eyes though, they only do his star eyes once

Unironically what are the chances of it getting a 2nd season? The writer keeps posting about its uncertainty and it has gone down to 2nd place in the UK for tv shows.
I would think Netflix has plans for a sequel considering the IP?

ya know I see your point about Destinys arm, this is the next page and yea the artist does draw arms a bit idk odd, they don't seem quite right

Attached: The Funeral 2.jpg (1350x1048, 687.67K)

To be fair Gaiman hated the connections to DC and by volume 4 the cómic was in his very own universe ...even his own imprint :Vértigo.