Do you think The Rings of Power will surpass the original LOTR Trilogy?

Do you think The Rings of Power will surpass the original LOTR Trilogy?

Attached: 1626055806134.jpg (720x836, 475.25K)

Fuck no

Rings of power is like shit and some people think it isn't going to stink. It will baby, it'll stink horrible

no. but i imagine they will blame racism and white nationalists or any other Any Forums-tier bullshit if it flops

Not even in a million years.
The visual should be on par though.

Sure, when pigs fly

It will be good, but it's hard to compare between TV and movies
On a side note it's hilarious how closely history is repeating itself between the movies and the show. LOTR fans are notorious for their almost neurotic levels of hand wringing

Attached: image0-2~2.jpg (3024x4025, 2.62M)

Didn't they actually film her in Helm's deep fighting side to side with Aragorn? They eventually removed that but I'm pretty sure they wanted her to be in the fellowship at one point and filmed many scenes with her in there

>Didn't they actually film her in Helm's deep fighting side to side with Aragorn
Yes, or at least the did some text shooting for it. I think producers reigned Jackson in on that one.
Similar situation with The Hobbit movies, he intended to have Galadriel in armour and wielding weapons (funny considering ROP) but that got changed to just having her in a dress and doing some weird force push attack instead

Attached: b6ff88ff178eaf43ad3b1af13a846b9c.jpg (500x390, 38.42K)

Some of the Weta concept art for Galadriel here

Attached: 20220730_080118.jpg (1280x1209, 197.73K)

Take a look at the trailers on YouTube, the like-to-dislike ratio and tell me all of those are hardcore LOTR fans? Or perhaps the majority of them are normies who liked the LOTR movies and see this as this show as the woke rhetoric it is? People are sick of this.

I so wanted to see how will they depict Glorfindel and they just ditched that character
This guy slew Balrog and reborn from the dead - the thing Gandalf did with his help

Attached: Glorfindel-0.jpg (530x900, 129.98K)

DEM RANGS.... OH LAWD DEM RANGS

Nah it's practically the same shit as 20 years ago, Im old enough to remember it. The biggest difference back then is that 3rd worldies like you didn't have internet access and it was almost an entirely white space
That's the real tragedy

Most of the people disliking those trailers are Tolkien fans, it's mostly normalfags disliking it and making a stupid joke in the comments section. I imagine most Tolkien fans would hate it though.

>3rd worldie
>white
I'm probably whiter than you mutt, btw you seriously think every country outside yours is a 3rd world country?

>are Tolkien fans
aren't*

Nah, this is not made from any kind of desire of love for Tolkien's work, this is just trying to cash in on an established fan base. Even without the extreme pandering they are doing, it wasn't going to be good.

As they should.

>Good visuals
Lol...lmao even

They were correct to be skeptical.
>Didn't they actually film her in Helm's deep fighting side to side with Aragorn?
Yes, and it would have been a travesty if they didn't cut it. It was bad enough that they added an army of elves.

good enough for normies, I guess.

The level of practical set designs (like building Hobbiton on location), the costumes the care and attention that went to them from Weta on Lotr. I don't think that level of design ethos has gone into any big budget fantasy/sci-fi since then. Judging from the trailers Rings of Power looks like it going to be nearly all green screen.

Nobody thinks that.

>Kangs of power
>Surpassing LOTR

Attached: 1650853807328.png (378x357, 62.69K)

>you seriously think every country outside yours is a 3rd world country?
Call yourself 2nd worldies if it makes you feel any better. Makes no difference to me, you are all the same

>nearly all green screen.
30% of the show is shot on location, which is quite alot

Attached: 756434.png (1902x802, 3.1M)

don't worry, they will skew the statistics for that to happen

It's already a better prequel than The Silmarillion

Attached: Screenshot_20220824-064635.png (1079x1180, 368.49K)

USA is a third world country compared to Europe. Go find videos were Americans who live in Europe explain how they were lied by national propaganda into believing USA is the only free country in the world. USA=Shithole.