Why did people hate this movie so much?

Why did people hate this movie so much?
it was fun, certainly nothing worse than the average action flick of the time

Attached: MV5BZWY4ZjQyOWQtYWZiNS00MTcyLWIzZTEtNDQxOWMxNTkwMmU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (1002x1500, 222.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYJrOM-Iyio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ok now pull up the babe from Aeon Flux, so I can compare the two

It was pretty much the quintessential 00s sci-fi action movie.

It's basically a Resident Evil movie but with vampires instead of zombies.

it wasn't THAT good

Ultraviolet felt much more like Aeon Flux than the Theron trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=FYJrOM-Iyio
kino...

>woman beats up highly trained & armed guards in the 2000s, it's kino
>same scene in 2022, Any Forums says it's woke
what happened??

2016 did

Woke culture didn't exist (in the mainstream) back then like it does now, so we didn't view it through those lens.

More like social media didn't exist, so you didn't have to read every single retarded political take and just enjoyed the film for what it is.

Equivalent Exchange. In 2000 they were very attractive in a way that was obviously fanservice, so you have something for everyone to enjoy. In 2022 the woman would be ugly, any hint of fanservice removed and she would probably make quips about sticking it to old white men. Please don't help spread information by pretending it's only the perspective that changed.

Attached: Balance.png (1280x720, 523.46K)

>In 2022 the woman would be ugly, any hint of fanservice removed and she would probably make quips about sticking it to old white men. Please don't help spread information by pretending it's only the perspective that changed.
Then why did people make fun of Ana de Armas beating up guys in the last 007 movie? she didn't make any quips about old white guys and she's fairly attractive.

Pretty much, social media is the worst thing that happened to society.

There is always going to be people that complain about anything but as far as dominating overall discussion there was barely any talk of it at all, in fact a vast majority of the conversation surrounding her in that movie was about how attractive she watch, every single frame screencapped and posted and how she mogged every other women in the movie despite having a third of the screen time. Also the movie was generally well received, as much as a Bond movie can be. And all of that positivity was there despite there clearly being a minority 00 who was there to prove to Bond that women can be just as tough as men, so extrapolating it further, you can literally have your minority, ugly, fully covered, "stick it to the man" characters as long as you don't also take away sexualization that people have always enjoyed.

Attached: Elric.png (1599x900, 1M)

>social media didn't exist

Huh? MySpace was huge back then when that movie came out.

mostly used to listen to music and talk to friends, I mean social media in the Twitter fashion where it's a giant cesspool of "hot takes".

time to give these movies the watch ive been thinking about on and off for teh past 15 years
>5 minutes and i watn to turn it off

It was fun, people hating it are just letterboxd trannies who hate fun, just go read their reviews of it.

Attached: 1528643565825.webm (1280x694, 3M)

Attached: 1528204110010.webm (1280x694, 2.78M)

Attached: 1659904411745554.webm (1280x694, 2.95M)

Attached: 1659934068293486.webm (1280x694, 2.94M)

How do you even miss at that range?

Expectations were higher back then.

you'd miss too if your opponent had the power of kino behind her

Attached: 1528164276360.webm (1280x694, 2.98M)

Attached: 1528203292023.webm (1280x694, 2.81M)

no they weren't

Gun Kata

>2022 is so shit Any Forums now likes Ultraviolet
grim

i use this movie contrasted with Equilibrium to show why being given total creative freedom is not always a good thing.
(also they got fucked with unfinished VFX)
i got a lot of updoot meme milage putting out clips from this movie during the pandemic tho

>ok now pull up the babe from Aeon Flux, so I can compare the two
Went to see that with my gf in the theater, coomed in like 1 minute thinking about aeon flux when I tried fucking her after the movie

Ultraviolet
Revolver
Southland Tales
i unironically like these movies even tho they are flawed
i could fix them....

>to show why being given total creative freedom is not always a good thing.
and why's that? I mean sure the later half of the film basically ran out of budget but the whole movie is very memorable thanks to the creative leeway it had at the time, same with Equilibrium