A horror movie in current year that doesn't suck

A horror movie in current year that doesn't suck

Attached: The_Black_Phone.jpg (252x396, 92.41K)

It sucked.

Attached: okjh.jpg (500x271, 30.91K)

The mexican kid is a terrible actor

What happens in it?

it's shit

Yeah it's a shame Joe Hill is a carbon copy of his dad
>creates an amazing deppressing psychological horror story with a deep meaningful message
>adds some batshit insane parnormal twist to it for no fucking reason

Attached: hillkingjpg-07d0633483d16c9e.jpg (1280x1579, 241.19K)

it was decent but it was rushed, wtf was that ending, and never explained how or why the phone worked, it was just magical n shit thats it

This movie just made me want Ethan Hawke in more horror villian roles especially something like a Dr. Decker type someone who's a genius but also insane

Attached: a199a56d-c93b-4684-9e57-f46276018b7a.jpg (720x540, 77.25K)

It was middling. A lot of wasted potential.

Because ghosts, bro

It's not scary, it's thriller elements are mediocre, and most of the kids dialogue is horribly written.

>What happens in it?
a bunch of kids encounter Pennywise the clown who is responsible for children disappearing

It's a movie that had plenty of potential, does most things wrong but does a few things right that people inevitably give it too much credit for. 5/10 at most

The ending will lead to the sequel Black Phone II and how the phone works will be explained in the prequel Black Phone: The Grabbers Beginning

>most of the kids dialogue is horribly written
that is how kids talked in the late 1970's early 1980's.

I like ethan, he's my mensh

I genuinely don't remember the last time I was scared watching a movie. I watched Creep 2 recently which I love but they're not scary, and that's ok

This

agreed

they should have had the Grabber raping the boys like Gacy did.

Oh wait I watched Broadcast Signal Intrusion, that was pretty good

I definitely think the killer was way too tame to be frightening. The worst we got was that he beat the kids if they disobeyed him. No need to show too much but they should have implied that he did terrible things to them, it would have also made the moments the kid tried to escape more tense.