I just marathoned half of this movie. What the fuck is her problem?

I just marathoned half of this movie. What the fuck is her problem?

Attached: Melancholia__Loc_4ea0482b8cb11.jpg (800x1143, 203.15K)

She has melancholia. Look it up.

She supposedly had BPD or something

>depression is...LE GOOD?

>Marathoned
>Half a movie
Yeah, nah, well done zoomer. I'm mad.

I wouldn't say that's what the movie is saying, though her depression does prepare her for the inevitability of death and brings comfort to her sister and nephew as they're about to die.

Not all movies can be sat through mindlessly, capeshitter. Some take a lot of mental effort from the viewer, OP managed to get through half which is actually a huge achievement.

She accepts her fate unlike her bitch of a sister.

He guys I just marathoned the first 5 minutes at 2x speed (so 2.5 minutes). I couldn't hear the audio because I was listening to binaural beats, but the visuals are like paintings or something? What gives?

Imagine the balls you'd have to have to fuck someone else's bride on their wedding day

For those who aren't aware, Von Trier has specifically said one of the themes of the film is how depressed people are often ironically able to cope with crises more than regular people because when everything already feels fucked to you it's not such a rude awakening when things actually become fucked

I think it's his best movie.

Attached: 1652581002489.jpg (822x796, 330.49K)

Act 1 is all about depression, Act 2 is all about anxiety.
It's metaphorical.

But also it's about the true nature of women, Lars Von Trier is based.

Wow that's deep

Attached: 1647194438252.jpg (125x113, 2.38K)

Not my movie. Lars von is a genius, son.

I havent watched but I may be interested. Is it actually BPD? Because that disorder is in a completely different ballpark from depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. Its in the same cluster as ASPD and NPD for a reason.

Imagine being a zoomer and memorizing the dsmv6 for street cred. What's the 6 major symptoms of ptsd?

she's G*rman

she sad, i feel the same way

How are you liking Kieffer's comic relief character? Aside from Dunst's boobies he's easily the best part.

I found Justine's characterization really compelling because her family dynamics were totally spot on and very familiar to me

>her parents presenting her with two opposing extremes
>family and friends trying to "help" by making decisions for her and / or giving her stuff she didn't even ask for and then demanding gratitude
>the "you're ruining this for us" attitude from people who are supposedly there to do something for her
>people assuming a certain level of functionality from someone who they know to be dysfunctional for no reason other than it's what they want, like their expectations somehow alter reality itself

Been there, done that

Attached: 1655266313768.png (512x512, 92.66K)