Was it really THAT good?

Was it really THAT good?

Jay Bauman (RLM) says it's the best Predator sequel and a damn good movie on its own

Attached: file.png (811x1200, 1007.22K)

jay is a fag

Attached: 1657130451707.jpg (250x210, 13.29K)

I've never seen someone so spineless or afraid to have opinions

i always loved this movie but i havent seen it in some time

what a shit opinion

3rd best after 2 including the AVP's

The premise is retarded, the human characters forgettable but it has certain cool predator scenes.

>(RLM)
Consider suicide you fucking piece of filth.

Most of Any Forums respect their contributions to the film industry

Nah it was stupid.
>predators take people alive now to be hunted somewhere else
Fucking why? What in all their tech looks like it can take something alive?
>Predators have political faction infighting based on race
So predators were too mary sue and had to have a hot injection of human culture to relate to?
>predator dogs
More human culture crap and cannon fodder

It just goes on like this.

keep telling yourself that faggot, then try forming an opinion of your own for once in your worthless live you malignant cunt.

Yeah that's why I hated the original Predator, i mean the alien is bipedal and uses blades? pfft way too much human culture

seriously bros wtf is the problem people have with Predator 2?
>more on screen Predator
>great kills
>more weapons
>sfx just as good as the original
>bascially codifies the Predator lore we use to this day
>Danny Glover, Bill Paxton, and Gary Busey being based
>cool future Los Angeles setting
the weakest part of the movie is the gang war stuff which could have been better done, but you got a pulpy 90s cop movie (what's not to love) with all of the above thrown in as well. Im so tired of people shitting on it, especially compared to Predators which is just a retread of Predator 1. Predator 2 gives us a new setting, follows up on Dutch's mission from the first movie with Gary Busey's spook plot of capturing the Predator, and develops some cool sci-fi lore for the Predator race it does everything a sequel should. I seriously think these people just want to rewatch the original or miss John McTiernan's direction.

Attached: 26042022_2x.jpg (2000x3000, 1.19M)

the gang war stuff is great too. watching a jamaican dude or haitian or whatever call a columbian a goddamn puto is great.

its the best tribute Predator film. Only shame is that is cast is terribly miscast, especially the Beak, girl and Fishbourne.

>then try forming an opinion of your own
Literally why?

Own opinions are severely overrated. Why waste time and energy forming my own opinion when actual film scholars like Mike and Jay already made far more educated opinions?

It's like saying "don't trust einstein or tesla, just think for yourself and make your own science" or something. Mike is the einstein of filmmaking, we know he's right.

>If alien is bipedal it must a have a faction based culture.

lol ok kid.

Just watched Prey
Haven't watched The Predator but
Predator > Predator 2 > AVP > Predators = Prey > AVP2
Prey was ridiculous. A massive bear dies to the predator but a little indian girl kills it.

it's a truly shit film full of 75% bad CGI

>Jay Bauman (RLM) says it's the best Predator sequel and a damn good movie on its own
It is, arguably as good as the first. I wouldn't argue it, but there's an argument to be made. What really pisses me off about the original is that we never got to see Billy the Indian fight the Predator with his knife. They teased it the whole movie, and then he just dies offscreen like a bitch. It seems like that scene must have gotten cut for time, which is a damn shame.

Attached: 1546040908458.png (924x560, 48.41K)

>wtf is the problem people have with Predator 2?
it felt corny compared to the original, and Danny Glover is nowhere near the action hero that Ahnuld was

Yeah I think it's awsome too. It's very over the top and King Willy's voodu gang was great. The voodu spirituality of a demon hunting them blends very well with a hunter like the Predator it honestly works better than a Central American militia from the first. It makes the Predator more intimidating, he's not just an alien doing this for sport but he is striking real fear into his prey.
I think people don't like it because it's over the top and people just disregard it as stupid. That and people just wanting the same goddam movie again

Attached: BigValidGrouper-max-1mb.gif (240x184, 775.45K)

>AVP > Predators
and into the trash you go

predator 1-2 and prey were solid. I enjoy the base formula and giving us tidbits of lore with each predator we meet. Everything else just tried to get watchers by shoveling shitpiles of forced lore topped with shitty cgi.

When he was crafting his theory of gravity, general relativity, Einstein needed a bit of a fudge factor. Everyone back then assumed, based on the information available, that the universe was static, unchanging place, but his equations kept disagreeing. To make them fit the data, he added the factor, which he named the cosmological constant, into the equations. When he learned, in subsequent decades, that the universe is actually expanding, he supposedly exclaimed “Then away with the cosmological constant!” He famously considered it his biggest blunder.