Mad Men

Starting another rewatch bros

How is this show so kino? How did they do it? Who is best girl?

Attached: don handy.jpg (622x416, 31.7K)

>Who is best girl?
The answer is illegal.

Best girl is Trudy and this is indisputable. The reason it is so kino is that a lot of the creators had cut their teeth on The Sopranos beforehand, and it really shows. I wonder if the schizo is asleep right now too.

>How is this show so kino?
Fully developing characters with great arcs
>How did they do it?
It just works
>Who is best girl?
Any answer other than Trudy is wrong. Pete didn't deserve her, but I'm glad he got her

Attached: 1618478065362.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being hard to pick a best girl because most of them were both based and cancer simultaneously, and a lot of them were only cancer due to having to interact with the main cast. The wife of the beta tryhard who ended up becoming a chad and leaving behind NYC to raise a family is probably the top contender

Can Roger and Don seducing methods work on current day? Im just rewatching to see what can I catch and learn from those

Attached: don sanic.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

>Pete gets a gorgeous, smart and supportive wife, a lovely daughter and gets to live up to family name by brushing shoulders with literal royalty as an executive for Learjet
I cannot fucking believe how good /ourboy/'s arc was. I went from wanting to kill him in season one to cheering for him backing Don all the way in season seven.

Attached: 1633393813333.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

It's a dramatised tv show, you buffoon. Women didn't get wet panties thinking about ad men, ever. They portray boring executives like rock stars, the reality is and was completely different.

Attached: zwug7sq.jpg (1366x768, 79.32K)

>does being attractive, having a good job, and acting self-assured still work

It never stopped user

Because IT'S! HIS! JOB!

Attached: don quiznos.jpg (2000x1047, 297.19K)

I once pulled a girl from a bar just by doing a Don impression. It's lame as fuck looking back but I guess that means it can work.

The Principal and the Pauper aired two decades before Mad Men. Chew on that for a bit.

Attached: PrincipalSkinnerImposter[1].jpg (257x196, 14.79K)

Quiznos... It's Toasted.

Attached: newFile-1.jpg (982x726, 56.77K)

I still can't decide who was in the wrong here. Harry's obviously looking at Don, but only comes over when he opens the door.

Every time I pull, I'm never acting like myself. If I look back on the texts I'd probably die of cringe.

that's not don you tit

>chew on that
Sorry, but smoking promotes a healthier lifestyle with negligible risks

Attached: Lucky-Strike-Original.jpg (650x902, 29.61K)

>watch Mad Men
>still repeat Don's mistakes

This show is truly timeless

Attached: 1661030943121813.jpg (1200x630, 103.15K)

Faye is the best girl.

It's been discussed and confirmed numerous times by much more eloquent anons than me that Pete is, in fact, in the wrong. His furtiveness at being on the phone with his mistress causes him to put the phone down and glance at Harry as he exits the elevator, prompting the whole exchange. Actually, I can't really think of a time when Harry was ever in the wrong throughout the show, although he did become a complete lech by the end.

My favourite thing about Pete is how the writers suddenly managed to make him completely sympathetic around season 3/4 without changing his character from the young upstart prick that everyone hates in the beginning. It's great writing

sex sex sex

He basically carries the client list of SCDP/SC&P on his back for the latter half of the show. People don't like him because he's whiny and demanding but when Ken takes over his job he basically has a meltdown.

Completely agree
>unlikable character has a shift in priorities
>becomes extremely likable

Wish more shows would play with that aspect of how people perceive one another and how character growth means a lot less than solid characterization

It’s /comf/core