What went wrong with Mathew Fox

I cannot be the only one who has noticed that Mathew's Fox career has went downhill since he finished the Lost series. After that was done he was rarely ever casted into series or had any major roles into a succeeding movie, such a talented actor with an promising future. What exactly went wrong?

Attached: jack.jpg (1477x978, 1.28M)

guys like george clooney and chris pratt who make the leap seem to be the exception

That’s what happens to tv actors

alcoholism

i respect actors who make money on one thing and just quit

he did rapes on party of five so he had to agree to go away

I hope it wasn't Lacey

>I cannot be the only one who has noticed that Mathew's Fox career has went downhill since he finished the Lost series.

Its not the only time something like that has happened

Attached: pinkman_list.jpg (500x281, 20.23K)

It's common with long running shows. I'm not sure if it's the casting directors who can't see them as anyone else or the actors who can't play anyone else.

I don't remember whether the guy from Lost was a good actor or not, but the guy who played Jesse Pinkman is one of the worst actors to ever star in a major TV show. He is so fucking bad at acting it's unbelievable.

yeah but aaron paul is just terrible at acting

>went downhill since he finished the Lost series
Which actors who starred in Lost went on to bigger things after?

Attached: 1659688553703997.jpg (1500x1500, 776.99K)

Evangeline Lilly. Though she's only really doing Ant Man now.

>rarely ever casted
It's cast, retard

True. What about that WAAAAAALT guy didn't he star in some Jordan Peele shit?

hes probably not jewish

He was great in Bone Tomahawk. Thought he'd have a comeback after that.

> Party of Five
> Lost
Guy had pretty much had two careers. Most actors are one and done. Especially in TV.
Nothing went wrong. Guy is more successful than you can ever dream of.

Had to deal with being called an abuser of women in the MeToo world

I suspect he got quietly outed as being christian and/or republican in the industry. The only films I’ve seen him in are basically conservative films like football movie We Are Marshall and Bone Tomahawk which was directed by the same guy who directed Based Mel in Dragged Across Concrete.

It's a combination of casting people and directors themselves being unable to see the actor as anything else except the character they're best known for, and this either leads to you getting typecast hard in a specific kind of role, or people not thinking of you at all when trying to come up with casting ideas. So you really have to work hard to break the perception by doing weird roles if you want to avoid that. Look at Pattison and Stewart and how many indie movies both of them made for several years to build their street cred actor bonafides so that people would stop thinking of them as just the Twilight actors.

Ron Perlman for example was in a hit TV show Beauty and the Beast for several years and I think even won an award, but when the show was cancelled, Perlman did not work again for like two years. He literally didn't get any offers, because people just thought of him as a animal mask guy and thus couldn't see him in any other role.