Will there ever be a Forver War movie? The ending is kind of problematic

Will there ever be a Forver War movie? The ending is kind of problematic.

Attached: forever-war-1.jpg (948x1429, 69.55K)

more like the forever bore gay book

the ending is bad anyway. everyone starts turning gay way before that though

wat

But him naming his new home planet Middle Finger is pretty homophobic.

How is the ending problomatic? Its the good ending? I do wonder what if the original clone did survive the last mission what the hivemind will do with them? Become the super leader or probably displeased that they changed since the cloning process that it was best they never meet.

Maybe I remember it wrong but wasn't it about the government artificially turning humanity into remotely polynesian looking homosexuals for some stupid political reason and the protagonist being something like the last CIS white male? Don't think that theme would go down down too well these days. On the other hand maybe it would because it's kind of relevant.

I mean I guess you can say the whole thing is problematic but the ending is not something that stands out that much to be pissed over, more like the middle of the book or even the parts where the gays hated him because he was CIS and their commander.
I do however like the comic a lot. Really nice colors. Though I thought the aliens looked way different in every aspect. I remember them being more stickmen like.

Attached: file.png (1431x1008, 3.2M)

Fair enough.

Never read the comic. How good is it?

>a thousand years in the future
>every human who isn't a time-travel leftover is a mystery meat mutt, raised by state-enforced homosexual grooming
>heterosexual white males are viewed with fear and revulsion
>money becomes worthless, you own nothing, you join the collective consciousness, you are happy
bet Haldeman didn't expect his distant implausible future to start happening within a half century

I mean if you read the book then its not really needed, I just like art more and I really digged the style and interpretations of some things, but its really more just a short overview of everything that happens in the book but doenst have any of the realy details.

Its cool to see what you read in pictures though.

Attached: file.png (1437x991, 2.77M)

>the ending is kind of problematic

Bruh, at the start all the women in the troop go and service all the construction workers on the space station while everyone else watches and cheers them on.

Why do they fuck so much?

Why wouldn't you.

he predicted the barrack room hoes of the modern sexually integrated US Army

i'd rather have it than the homosexual rape and forced prostitution you see in 'non-degenerate' countries like russia

Supposedly it's more like a masculinity check. Some dude said when those individuals approach you you have to fight even if you lose and then they'll leave you alone.

It's a good ending, the war turning out to be the leadership's way of keeping control with bad shit like the economy tanking and overpopulation taking its toll on earth is realistic and evokes the vietnam war. Him surviving and marrying Marygay is kinda sappy though.

You should really read One Soldiers' War

> brings up Russia out of nowhere
lmao back to nu-/k/ with you

Attached: avatar uke.jpg (675x523, 56.42K)

obsessed

The government first gets rid of money because of inflation or whatever, and replaces it with kilocalorie coupons. People that have the scarce jobs available give a portion of their hours to the unemployed for a slight profit. Overpopulation also eventually has the government promote homosexuality and eventually it becomes the norm so CIS people are looked at as how pedophiles are now (or how gays were looked at for most of humanity's lifetime before modern times), and eventually humans become mostly clones, and they develop a hivemind. Baseline humans are still kept around as a backup. Due to the clones also being psychic, humanity finds out the aliens are also homogeneous/psychic iirc and that the war was a misunderstanding that humans proceeded to start a war over because of said overpopulation/economic hardship problems. Because the soldiers sent out were the very brightest humanity could provide, you got a Idiocracy situation over time where the major problems could have been mitigated or solved but didn't because of it.

I also would like to see a movie about it but knowing the culture norms we have now, they'd either botch it or fuck it up some other way. Sucks because this and Armor by John Stakely would be good to see on the big screen. Closest we have to good sci-fi war movies are Starship Troopers (which wasn't a good adaptation) and Edge of Tomorrow.