What was a trip to Blockbuster Video like?

What was a trip to Blockbuster Video like?

Attached: 736412530393.jpg (500x380, 46.48K)

getting pissed that the game/movie you wanted was rented out

Like a trip to Hollywood Video, but devoid of soul.

there was a smell i can't describe, and movies i never rented but were always there
You would spend 20 or so minutes finding the section, picking movies, and then taking those movies for approval until everyone could finally decide on just 1 or 2
If your mom wasn't a dumb cunt she'd just take you to the dollar store for candy lol

>that time you rented a game you knew nothing about just because your friend mentioned it, only to realize it was GOAT
Halo CE for me

My dad would let me rent Faces of Death

I clocked in and worked my shift

nobody is nostalgic for blockbuster, they're nostalgic for when movies weren't dogshit

Did you masturbate to it together?

Hollywood video was amazing. Ours was huge and you could find obscure shit

Blockbuster nostalgia is played out

the most kino time to rent movies was before Blockbuster existed and it was a bunch of local chains or mom and pop stores

Blockbuster was soulless shit

>get to pick out 2 movies and one game
>have to walk past the Jack Frost horror lenticular cover

Attached: 1554841322716.gif (500x364, 361.95K)

During the VHS, SNES era it was absolute peak soul. I would pick both a different videogame and horror movie every week. Since I was a kid, even finding a movie I hadn't seen was just a magical experience. This was before cynicism took over everything so you really didn't even give a fuck if the movie was good or bad, you'd just pick it up based on the cover art and if it was anything half decent you'd watch it every day until you had to take it back. As for videogames it was a bit more frustrating because the good stuff was always rented out but thank god nobody cared about Aliens Vs Predator in the SNES because I'd play that shit 100 times over.

There was nothing like looking forward to your dad taking you to blockbuster so you could rent a game just to find out when you got home there was a gigantic scratch on it that made it unplayable and your dad was too drunk all weekend to take you back to return it for a different copy so when you finally did return they ask why it took you the entire rental time to finally bring it back so they don't give you a refund and you had to spend the whole weekend just playing the same race tracks on Ridge Racer all by yourself over and over so you didn't have to leave your room and interact with your drunk dad

Looking over the same game aisles a dozen times just to make sure that there wasn't at least one game I wanted to play.
Based. What were some of your favorite HV memories? There was this Aussie at mine who managed the Game Crazy, and he'd let us play the games before buying them.

Obscure shit was the best part of Hollywood Video. For me I could always find the rare old Japanese Godzilla films there while Blockbuster only had hundreds of copies of Godzilla 1998.

My dad played NHL 98 with me and usually let me win, sorry bruh.

>rent a game or two movies, user
>usually went for a multiplayer game to play with my little brother while he'd pick two horror movies
I should text him to see how he's doing. Last I heard from my mom he got laid off from covid restrictions and that was last year.

Attached: 1648942135496.jpg (500x500, 34.71K)

comfy in a way you'll never know, newfag zoomer

i'm glad i will never be a dad, because i know this would be my kid's life

be a bro, bro