What are some things you learned much later you never knew watching these movies?

What are some things you learned much later you never knew watching these movies?

>Theres a 17 year gap between bilbo leaving the shire and the ring to frodo and gandalf returning and explaining the ring to frodo
>Frodo is in his early 30s at bilbos party, when he leaves the shire to begin his quest hes 51 years old

Attached: MV5BN2EyZjM3NzUtNWUzMi00MTgxLWI0NTctMzY4M2VlOTdjZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_.jpg (1978x2936, 2.42M)

It feels like a weekend tbqh.

these last 20 years I thought he has gone for a few days just to read some books and then returned

legolas is 2931 years old.

I’m surprised if Frodo doesn’t realize the power of the ring within those 17 years.

There were black hobbits and dwarves.

>Dernhelm wasn't quite who he said he was
Imagine my surprise!

its cut that way, especially in the theatrical version

Faramir was just as much of a chad as Boromir and the movies cucked him good

isn't that made very obvious in movie 2 when aragorn reveals he's 87

Aragorn didnt abandon Frodo and go chasing after Merry and Pippin instead, what a terrible decision by Hackson.

?
did you watch the movie at all?

Not in the films. Though they don't really respect time or distance that much, especially not in the second and third films.

Arwen is Aragorn's distant aunt

did you? Aragorn clearly saw Frodo and Sam on the other side of the lake

>Faramir denies the ring and goes against his father and shown to be the only human capable of this
How much better is he in the books?

No he isn't.

aragorn saw frodo before this, he and frodo reached an understanding that the ring corrupts everyone around them far too much so the best option is for frodo to go alone

Attached: Screenshot01583.jpg (3840x1608, 1.31M)

The films have a tendency to take the end result of a scene or character arc and leave it as is while completely shaking up the events and actions that lead to it. In Faramir's case, his entire character is altered to make him a mediocrity who only wants daddy's approval but relents in the end, while in the book he's an intelligent, cunning captain who's guessed what it is Frodo carries and why it matters, and quickly resolves to not bring it to his father. Denethor is similarly assassinated as a character. Frodo and Sam's falling out is the same thing; it doesn't happen in the books because Frodo is not naive or easily manipulated, he's a mature and cunning individual who sympathises with Gollum without letting the known murderer and overall traitor to the free peoples into his head, and he certainly doesn't let Gollum turn him against Sam (whose dedication to his master only returns after a moment of empty drama, like with every other event in the films).

fucking moron zoomer, that's what happens in the book, not the movies

kys idiots

yep, more movie bullshit. read the book to see how it should have been handled.

Elrond is the brother of Elros, first king of Numenor and direct ancestor to Aragorn, making Aragorn and Arwen some sort of cousins. Galadriel is Arwen's grandmother.

but it's not what you said, you said aragorn just abandons them
eat shit nigger

The most annoying thing in comparing the book and the films is in how many sequences of events are changed for no reason but to add a little extra bit of melodrama. Cutting things is all expected, and I don't hold any adaptations to unreasonably high standards, but it really irks me when central events and characters are changed for no good reason.

yes he is.

And Arwen is Aragorn's distant aunt
Hence Aunt/Nephew is so based even Tolkien himself likes it

Elronds wife (and Galadriel's daughter) experienced cultural enrichment by a group of orcs.

He actually went on a vacation to the tropical beaches of Far Harad. Then he realized, FUCK I should look into this ring thing.