Slave owner is an honorable, brave and helpful man

>slave owner is an honorable, brave and helpful man

You told me this show was based, but goddamn.

Attached: Thomasleroy Sarpe.png (250x250, 85.25K)

Do Americans really?

Attached: 1601547858833.jpg (846x597, 86.92K)

It's a British show based on a British novel (and filmed in Ukraine actually). The slaveowner is the only gentleman who actually knows how to be a gentleman and takes it seriously.

He's not a slave owner. His grandparents were, and sold off all their assets before leaving Virginia. He's old money.

He should be distributing that money to negros in order to promote equity

>(and filmed in Ukraine actually)
It's The Ukraine.

why do you think he's hanging out with the British?

I think he's reffering to the slave trade triangle between Britain, Africa and America

They would waste it

Attached: 1527620423427.png (480x288, 188.44K)

Sharpe thread? Nice!
Post your:
>Favourite book
>Favourite antagonist
>Favourite stuck up noble
>Favourite wench that throws herself at Sharpe

Attached: 3f81aac2ee0c3106607bccc0dc7fac1b.jpg (350x474, 32.67K)

Damn I didn't know he died, good actor

Attached: tumblr_ml9r1eS1DF1qb5hhzo1_1280.jpg (900x1249, 544.76K)

I like that episode where he goes undercover as a recruit. The best anatgonist was Obadiah Hakeswill. Favourite noble was Simmerson. Favourite wench was Teresa Moreno if that counts.

>Eagle
>Obadiah
>Sir Henry
>Pic related

Attached: 43.jpg (3720x3745, 2.55M)

Finally read Sharpe's Eagle but it was mediocre desu. Sean and co elevate the material to an insane degree.

I recommend reading in chronological order, Eagle is like the 14th book in order timeline wise.
The first book, Tiger is really good since the writer really hit his stride with the character and you get to see him develop as the plots move on. Eagle Sharpe is basically a fully developed character.

Bernard Cornwell's other series are much better written. Sharpe was his early work and it shows, even the later books are kind of stupid because of the absurd shoehorning of Sharpe into every major battle, even Trafalgar.

>Theresa
>Wench
You shut your french mouth. By wench I meant the disposable chicks that only appear in one book.

I skipped his boat-related books completely, Trafalgar and the Dutch one just don't fit.
I think it's best to read the more recent ones since Cornwell really develops as a writer in them.

I have never read them but the writer behind Sharpe in the 1990s did some books about a Yankee-born Confederate officer in the American Civil War. The Starbuck Chronicles.

>used to think Cornwell is a madlad for writing like 20 books
>mfw he has like three separate franchises with the matching number of novels
He's one of those Turtledove-type autismos churn out surprisingly quality books by the truckload

Attached: 955135E21B014D4592F2D61318903E30.jpg (491x488, 19.8K)

Were slave owners really good people and honorable gentlemen or is it just a meme?

One of the characters he meets in the books is Sharpe's son.

Didn't she go topless in the show? Or am I forgetting?