Anyone else feel it was a little problematic to have an all-white cast?

Anyone else feel it was a little problematic to have an all-white cast?

Attached: 9B8E3BF3-A660-4E98-8A08-BFD851C5D373.jpg (1382x2048, 359.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/841002/the-northman-dialogue-had-to-be-changed-after-confusing-test-audiences/?utm_campaign=clip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t think it was problematic to have a white cast. I think it was problematic to give Robert Eggers 100 million (plus marketing costs) to make a film. It’s like a record label give millions of dollar to Godspeed You Black Emperor or something.

would be unironic cultural appropriation

Such as stupid poster. But it's probably a hard film to sell.
I think Eggers wanted it to be more minimalistic, with less dialogue etc, so it seemed more like the old sagas, but the producers made him change it.

woah a cool viking movie
>50% of it is a guy moping on the most colourless farm scenery
bravo

nicole kidman looking like she's in Beowulf

Eggers and Skarsgård were the on-set producers

My mistake. I looked it up and apparently it was the studio + test audiences that made the difference.

>Eggers (who also directed the movie) has previously spoken about certain artistic compromises for "The Northman" that had to be made due to studio involvement, but the audience reaction to test screenings of the film propelled him to make major changes in post-production. After shooting grueling, physically-demanding sequences integral to the plot of the Nordic revenge saga, Eggers and his team had mounds of work to look forward to, as many changes, including ones in the dialogue, had to be made in the editing room. After test audiences found it difficult to grasp certain concepts unique to Norse culture and history, Eggers and Sjón wrote new dialogue that offered more clarity about the characters and their motivations, and asked the actors to re-record certain lines.

>slashfilm.com/841002/the-northman-dialogue-had-to-be-changed-after-confusing-test-audiences/?utm_campaign=clip

No. Kys

Any Forums btfo yet again by normalfags

It will be the last all-white historical movie ever

Unlikely. Eggers is a literal Any Forumstard and has studio connections now.

in my country we are all-white anyway so I didn't mind.

Even if true doesn't matter, they won't let him get a big budget again

>white cast
>punished protagonist
>trad waifu
>exposes female deviousnessy
>big budget epic
why did Any Forums turn on it again?

Any Forums is a leftist board

>trying to make a movie about european culture appealing to burgers.
This was DOA

Is this as bad as Any Forums says it is? That's a fucking all star cast.

Months later I still can't decide. It's legitimately pretty bad, but it's kino.

when will we get something like dark or terror again, bros?

Back in my day trolls had subtlety.
I wish I could go back.

I saw it at the cinema and honestly thought it was pretty good.

Retards unironically got psy-op'd into believing it was anti-Christian propaganda or some garbage.