WW1 WAS....UHHHHHHHH...LE FAST PACED?

>WW1 WAS....UHHHHHHHH...LE FAST PACED?

Attached: 1917.jpg (1293x2048, 177.04K)

it was still a cool movie

adding onto this, i mean really what the fuck do you want from a world war 1 movie? watch someone sit in a trench for 3 hours only to die of trench foot?

glibless Dunkirk ripoff
>war is uhhhh... a linear sequence of platformer puzzles

Journey's end is exactly like you described and it's a good movie

This movie was the best war movie in the past two decades. It wasn't great. But it was the best.

shit film

designed to be like a theme park ride and every cameo had some big reveal moment for no reason

Garbage anti-German propaganda.

Attached: 523D40A4-5CAA-44CC-9711-0710BCD9D4F3.jpg (1024x559, 98.84K)

I’ll have to watch it then, the idea of watching actual trench life sounds really interesting

This was pretty disappointing.

Fpbp

really cool seeing in theater, doesn't impress on small screen

what was anti-German about it?

Fpwp

This dude George Mackay killed it. Loved him since 11.22.63 with Sarah Gadon.

Attached: Sarah Gadon George Mackay.jpg (626x1302, 211.47K)

true i did see it in theaters so that might’ve influenced my view

The dude that got stabbed by the pilot looked a little overweight for the Western Front

>after being saved from burning to death the german pilot randomly stabs his rescuer
>germans are portrayed as mindless ps1 npcs who fire from the hip
>every german we encounter acts like a literal orc
>women and children hide from the vicious germans who will probably butcher them
It’s pretty obvious

>randomly
>giving your enemies any kind of victory
lmao

>after being saved from burning to death the german pilot randomly stabs his rescuer
This was 1917 not 1914, Germans fucking hated the brits for the blockade and starvation at home.
>germans are portrayed as mindless ps1 npcs who fire from the hip
It was actual doctrine of the time to hip fire on the move as it was a part of bayonet training.
>every german we encounter acts like a literal orc
?
>women and children hide from the vicious germans who will probably butcher them
Germans have always been heavy handed with civilians even before WW2 (see the rape of Belgium in WW1)

Germans are easier to understand when you realize they are the Japanese of Europe.

kek, complete retards take. It is about trying to save lives in vain, brotherhood, war etc etc. Try not to cry when his best bud dies. If you dont like it you are a jew or a nigger.

Technical achievements notwithstanding, this movie’s many ahistorical elements, logical inconsistencies and repeated instances of unmotivated behaviour turned from a historical epic to a fantasy film. 3/10 and that’s only for the technical aspects.

Have you seen Danger Close: the Battle of Long Tan? That was pretty good.