In Tolkien lore, Eru Ilúvatar (or The One) is the single omniscient and omnipotent creator...

>In Tolkien lore, Eru Ilúvatar (or The One) is the single omniscient and omnipotent creator. He has been existing eternally in the Timeless Halls and possesses the Flame Imperishable in his spirit which kindles existence from nothingness.

Why didn't this faggot just poof Sauron out of existence? Is he just a shitty god?

Attached: file.png (1011x1300, 2.3M)

He sent Gandalf, his Steward, to take care of it. He has other worlds to take care of too

>Is he just a shitty god?
Pretty much all the gods were, the Valar are responsible for 99% of all the problems in Tolkien's world
>hey men of legend, here is an extended life span for your deeds, but nope your not getting eternal life lol, elves only
>and yes we placed your new island so that you can see the blessed realm from it, you know this very holy place you absolutely cannot visit XD

he's another demiurge and he thinks its funny

Not today, Satan.
Matter of fact not tomorrow either.

Attached: 1658312263259.png (1392x780, 1.89M)

He is a hands off god. He created the great music, had the valars get to work, and then probably left to eat tendies and forgot about the world he created.

Men's gift is death - ability to depart from this world and go places even Valar are not aware of. They only prolonged Númenóreans' earthly lifespan and staved off frailness and deceases in old age as a reward for fighting against Morgoth, so they could spend their life in Arda without much suffering.

>but nope your not getting eternal life lol, elves only
Men and elves are fundamentally different. Men were never intended to live forever. They die and then their spirits go somewhere else.

men in middle earth would suffer if they were to be immortal, remember how Bilbo felt when he lived more that hobbit do?

He pushed Golum into the volcano, isn't that the same thing?

>Men's gift is death
>EXCEPT YOU, RANDOM OLD DUDE!

Attached: 14198yns13465sdf235gdfdsr2hsr465sdfg34.png (1497x680, 866.31K)

Prove it.

>666

God is everything, so God has to be humanity and the Devil too. If you were God, wouldn't you try to create another being of equal power to be your counterpart? However, God can only do this by self-deception, since everything is God, if God knows it is just "masturbating" with itself rather than making love to another Godlike being, then theres no point. God realizes that existence and non-existence are both illusions, so anything is possible, but the illusion will only feel "real" if it involves a lot of bloodshed and suffering to the point where God would question it's own existence.

Everything I've just said is a metaphysically irrefutable proof for the both the existence of evil and an omnipotent God. All forms of parasites, like Jews or mosquitos are only pale shadows of the final boss of parasitism, woman.

>pantheism

Attached: pepe3.png (396x385, 123.43K)

>RANDOM OLD DUDE

Read Tolkiens letters faggot

He did nothing wrong.

Attached: Ar-Pharazôn.png (548x800, 291.08K)

Not canon.
Give me a line from the book that says that Eru pushed Gollum.

Gandalf is angel

>spoonfeed me
neck yourself faggot. its easy to find

If you were God how would you choose who was right or wrong in a conflict when you created all beings?

Creating Free Will is Benevolence.
Adjudicating Free Will or Inhibiting it would not be Benevolent.

But all shall have mercy, in the End. Even Morgoth. Even Sauron. They are still of Iluvatar. Even Orks, for they are not the agents of their own corruption, and some even fought Sauron side by side with the Last Alliance.

Remember that Tolkien was a GigaChristCuck - Benevolence and the Road to Redemption for all Beings is ingrained deeply in the DNA of all his works and thinking.

he didn't put baby in Tar-Miriel

Letter 192

I don't need to be spoonfed because I know it is not in the book, unlike you. If you want to prove it, post the line from the book.
Not canon.

>I know better that the author

Attached: brainlet2.jpg (800x450, 44.28K)

Neither Gandalf nor Saruman were human lorelet. The Istaris are lessers valars (the Maias) send with a mortal visage to act as helper of the people of Middle Earth against Sauron. They are basically angels

Attached: 173d548972702b4075fe116811598d21_fa5aca8f_1280.jpg (1240x1656, 1.16M)

I like him in interviews and stuff because he never pretends it's some high and mighty new fantasy world like we think of now
>oh yeah Numenor is just Atlantis lol
>some people find plot holes but it's just a story lol
>I come up with names and words in my language by putting syllables together that sound good and then assigning meaning lol

i fucking hate weebs so much

TAR-Miriel

This nigga doesn't know about the 3rd theme of Ainulindale

>oh yeah all those bad things in the world? they're ultimately part of my plan!
Doesn't explain why he created Melkor with the possibility of creating discord

why/how was saruman corrupted by Sauron then? surely Sauron isn't stronger than a istari?

That is the gayest depiction of Eru ever, Satan.

Attached: eru.jpg (360x450, 37.33K)

istari could only use 10% of their power

Sauron was possibly the most powerful Maia (though not the strongest fighter).
Melian and Osse were similar power levels. Gothmog and Eonwe could kick his nerd ass but probably had less overall magic juice.
Wizards were middle management tier, Gandalf only just managed to deal with a single Balrog, something Noldor chads could do in their sleep.

The fuck are you talking about? Sauron was a Maia too, they're made of the same stuff
Any talk about power level is retarded and goes against the whole point of the setting anyway

>he thinks Bilbo finding the ring was because Eru made it happen

LOL