I'd just like to interject for a moment

What you’re referring to as Directors Cut of Alien3, is in fact an Assembly Cut, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, "The Fincher Edit. Assembly Cut is not a quick fix unto itself, but rather another component of a fully realized true Alien3. Many Alien fans are watching a modified watered down version of Alien3 everyday without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Alien3 which is widely used today is often called “The Prison Planet" film, and many of its watchers are not aware that it is basically a rewrite, developed by David Fincher. There really was a "Wooden Catholic Death Star Planet" version, and fans know this, but it is just a part of the Vincent Ward script that was removed last second. The script is an essential part of a film, but useless by itself. It can only function in the context of a complete script that actually makes sense. Alien3 is normally used in combination with the "Prison Planet" script but the whole film is basically Vencent Wards "Wooden Catholic Death Star Planet". All the so-called Alien3 film distributions are really modifications of the bastardised "Prison Planet" script.

Attached: diamonddex-vincent-ward-s-alien-3-by-diamonddex-art-dejmpi7.jpg (1800x2751, 1.48M)

I thought the original Alien 3 was written by William Gibson

Honestly the BTS story of Alien 3 is fascinating. It kinda makes you wonder what sort of film we would have ended up with if the studio didnt intefer so much and went with Vencent's script

Attached: alien 3 concept art.jpg (800x450, 109.48K)

Ok, and?

>The Fincher Edit
Fincher doesn't have anything to do with the Assembly Cut, fix your pasta

Alien 3 is gay and not canon

I understood that reference

Attached: g.jpg (500x500, 115.15K)

It's the closest to Finchers alien3 before the studio made him leave. Dispite Fincher having nothing to do with the re-edits himself. The re-added scenes were directed by David Fincher and the theatrical release was directed by the studio Fox themselves. So yes, Assembly Cut can be seen as "The Fincher Edit" as all scenes in that edit are directed by Fincher unlike the theatrical edit.

Attached: art-nerd-asset.jpg (1920x2371, 380.29K)

What's different in director's cut? I watched Alien 3 recently.

all the scenes were directed by fincher, even the reshots requested by the studio, get your facts straight, schizo
it was his first big hollywood job, he didn't protest, he just cut all ties to the film after release and decided to never talk about it again, and that's why he ended up gettin' other projects greenlit by fox... he knew how the system works

>Fincher Edit
but fincher didnt edit it
anyway i think the theatrical release is just fine and perfectly balances out the trilogy, anyone who disagrees has probably never even seen the film and probably never had an original thought in their lives

I liked it.

Attached: 1586743325687.webm (960x405, 2.44M)

Graphic novel adaptation of that script would have been nice

kino

>what sort of film we would have ended up with
I bet it would piss off even more fans. Arthouse horror wouldn't fly after action-packed Aliens.

Attached: 305-2.jpg (4000x2259, 568.03K)

>it was his first big hollywood job, he didn't protest

I thought he walked out once they ordered the edits. Wasn't this common knowledge? Where you pulling your facts from besides your ass?

Agreed. I thought Labyrinth was pretty good as a potential sequel.

underrated kino, resurrection too

Such an ugly film, but still beautifully shot and by the same cinematographer responsible for Blade Runner. Too bad he was suffering from late parkinson's disease and had to leave before filming wrapped.

Yeah, some of Dark Horse graphic novels of Aliens and Predator were kinda great.

Ward script is bonkers

Attached: vincent-ward-article-08-701x464.png (701x464, 243.81K)