Mickey Rourke actually has a point about Tom Cruise. He comes from the Marlon Brando school of acting...

Mickey Rourke actually has a point about Tom Cruise. He comes from the Marlon Brando school of acting. That means that you have to feel it. You have to be it. You have to bear it all on screen. That is a school of acting lost today. In fact most actors publicly make fun of method actors nowadays. In that frame, if you think about it, Rourke is *completely* right about Tom Cruise being a lousy, nothing actor. Cruise is always bringing in shallow emotions. You never once believe there is a real person there with real feelings and real experience. He is just playing pretend. The difference between a Cruise and a Rourke is a million miles apart.

Attached: 71qqhSUhHYL._SL1500_.jpg (1007x1500, 148.57K)

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Cruise overacts in everything I've seen him. He's like a cartoon character with all of his yelling and grimacing.

rourke might be a better actor but cruise is the better businessman, in that regard rourke is jealous as fuck, rourke looks like a hobo cosplaying bog the wrestler

Cruise underacts imo. There's no rawness to him. This is why he suits movies that aren't highly emotional

Rourke may have a point, but he was pretty crude to say that about Cruise. He is based though so, you know.

forgot who said it in response to method acting but why not try acting?

If you are really feeling a character, and lose yourself to it, it sounds ironic but I dont think that would give a good performance as the performance is always with the camera in mind and your position to it. Its no good feeling the role if you are so into it you are delivering made up lines with your back to the camera.

Lawrence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman during the filming of Marathon Man

Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hothman? I dont know the film but I heard he ran for miles or something.

That's weird, I've always had the opposite impression. To me, Cruise is not only a better actor, he's also in WAY better movies.

I can't even think of a good Mickey Rourke movie off the top of my head. I mean, The Wrestler was an okay film and he gave a very good performance, but . . . I mean, he's in no position to criticize Tom Cruise.

And if he has some personal reason for disliking Cruise, that's even more pathetic, if you don't like a motherfucker for personal reasons, you should say so, and say why, not just shit on a guy's work. That's womanly.

thank you

nah this is just cope because rourke didn't have 1/10th the career cruise did

>Dustin Hoffman
Is a great actor and has made many kinos, if it works i don't mind. Day lewis should stop its not working for him most of the time hes just boring.

Attached: 0f043e62-df52-4aeb-8cbd-136cedef590b_text[1].gif (400x216, 1.09M)

Yes but what can be done about it user ? If an actor is better than the other actors but has no movies worth or tv shows what else is there ? A grain of dirt nothing more.

that dude looks nothing like mickey mouse so why the nickname?

Cruise has enough charisma that he doesn't need to play degenerate scumbags in order to pretend he's making art. He also didn't have to get his ass kicked by pretending to be a boxer--he has an entire worldwide cult backing him up.

>make fun of method actors nowadays
Most deserve it. The majority of method actors are tryhard faggots who can't act for shit and rely on it as a gimmick to wow retards.

Who is he trying to be in this picture? What is he feeling?

Attached: 482AB6CF-C09A-4631-BF1C-BBCE160D9F77.jpg (1086x966, 92.7K)

Obviously trying to really get into character is a good way to remain in character, but holy shit do you only ever hear about people method acting assholes. And given it's Hollywood, is it really that hard for an actor to pretend to be a vain, narcissistic asshole?

this is nightmare fuel

Mickey Rourke is a retard who's fame allowed him to box opponents that far outclassed him. This lead to him literally becoming deformed from punches to the face in a desperate attempt to become a professional boxer when he could have been making millions acting.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 12.48.14.png (870x1296, 2.59M)