Make A New Middle Earth IP That Doesn't Suck

Like most of you, I'm pretty confident that the new Amazon series will be both pozzed as fuck and roughly on the same level as the Star Wars sequel trilogy or the final Game of Thrones season. There's also now talks of new Lord of the Rings movies in an expanded universe, which doesn't sound very kino to me. There are several threads a day dedicated to bitching and trolling about this, and I guess that's what Any Forums is for, but lets at least try to expand the conversation a little bit?

My challenge to all you autist auteurs is this. I want you to imagine for a moment that you have been given creative control over the Middle Earth universe, and are tasked with coming up with a TV series and/or set of movies that is a commercial success, whilst also pleasing original fans. You are not allowed to simply reshoot The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings (even though we all acknowledge The Hobbit was garbage and could do with a complete do over). Unlike in real life where Amazon only have access to The Second Age, I will grant you creative control over the First, Second, Third, and Fourth Age. Do your best.

Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, where if this thread is still somehow alive, I will return to judge what is trash and what is gold.

Attached: 72c55bb703cf743c5be3846ee98e7c09.jpg (500x293, 70.95K)

The New Shadow trilogy set in 4th age

gandalf get ipad

>coming up with a TV series and/or set of movies that is a commercial success, whilst also pleasing original fans
I'm out. The only way to make true kino, is by getting billions of funding, no questions asked, no strings attached, even if the film bombs catastrophically. A commercial success most not be the goal of true art.

what happens in the fourth age?

Peace

>As Embracer Group is preparing to steward the new aquisition, Lord of the Ring s and Hobbit IPs, Deadline learned that Paramount Pictures and Platinum Dunes, Michael Bay's production company, have fast tracked a action adventure film titled Guardians of Middle Earth, the licensing approval is from the previous owner of the film rights, as we learned WB lost them 10 months ago. A small synopsis for the film reads "Set before the battle of the last alliance, a band of misfits formed of elves, humans, orcs and dwarves have the task of their lives, steal the one ring from the dark lord Sauron." Embracer Group will now get involved with this project.

A sequel to the Return of the King. Somehow Sauron has returned. The original cast is gathered together for one last job.

So the new shadow?

A quaint, 22 minute episode series where a group of simple Hobbits enjoy life in the Shire. Every episode has some little problem that they need to solve (Creek got blocked by beavers, local baking competition they want to win, someone keeps picking flowers from the garden at night). They work together to overcome the hurdle in an informative manner for the audience of children.
No war, no elves, no lore. Just British actors on a goofy set with a nice theme song.

Attached: Concept_art_of_Teletubbyland_of_Tandem_Films.png (250x190, 83.81K)

Black Frodo

HASBRO MAGIC THE GATHERING MADE ARAGORN AND FRODO BLACK

Attached: 1660839625459738.jpg (1600x900, 278.95K)

Finally a good thread.

Attached: Z3JPgWmyPdWd3UCZnV5g9i.jpg (1919x1350, 877.87K)

>My challenge to all you autist auteurs is this. I want you to imagine for a moment that you have been given creative control over the Middle Earth universe, and are tasked with coming up with a TV series and/or set of movies that is a commercial success, whilst also pleasing original fans.
Children of Hurin would be amazing if done well.

here's my take: i do nothing and spend the budget on cocaine, gin and steaks

>bp itt

A buddy cop adventure about the blue wizards going east and getting distracted with whatever shit goes down over there

Attached: me and dog.jpg (628x633, 115.53K)

Give me 7 billion to do 8 silmarilion movies

LOTR has flaming swords?

God damn this sounds so comfy I would actually watch it as well

The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. "Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

Attached: Witch_king1.jpg (800x533, 41.98K)

third age is the only age where a good story is feasible. the other ages are about either boring super god people or afterwards where it's just humans and dwarves left economically sanctioning each other which is also boring.

Also I'm replying to myself but can I just say that this entire chapter might be one of my favourite things ever written. Tolkein's Catholicism really shines through here, it's biblical and beautiful and terrifying all at once.

Here’s your winner. I would watch this with my son.