WHY IS EVERYTHING SO POLITICAL NOWADAYS, I JUST WANT HISTORICAL ACCURACY

>WHY IS EVERYTHING SO POLITICAL NOWADAYS, I JUST WANT HISTORICAL ACCURACY

Attached: last-samurai.jpg (1920x1080, 567.65K)

Does it make nips mad that the last samurai was a white guy?

I love when people have opinions about movies they've never watched.

Attached: ignh02k821f31.jpg (600x596, 61.76K)

Tom cruise is not the last samurai nor is he a samurai at all in the film

>the last samurai
>it's actually a mutt
This movie could not be made today

bait

Wait now just one second
>swabs his hair
Slow down a little more
>wipes dust off shoulder
So are you informing me
>adjusts tie
I'm just seeking some clarification
>buttons up shirt sleeve
I just want to make sure
>unbottons his Gucci suit jacket
Sorry, i'm just not sure I quite understand
>checks breath
I'm just looking for a concrete answer
>forms an empassionate and deep engaging gaze
So you're telling me that we were Samurais?

Attached: Tom-Cruise-tom-cruise-6009325-854-1280.jpg (854x1280, 80.24K)

I know you're retarded so you think you have a point but the difference here is that Tom Cruise's character wasn't from Japan, he was a clear outside it's not like shoehorning a bunch of random blacks into a medieval peasant population, not even close.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 37.78K)

Why are people too fucking retarded to understand that Algren wasn't the titular last samurai, but Katsumoto and his people

>based on real events
>he's not the last samurai but Kasumoto
kek
Good effort user, maybe in 10 years if people forget about this movie you might trick anons here

>WE WUZ - Caucasian edition

Attached: hahaha.gif (361x150, 1.86M)

this is a poor troll thread, that work is a stylized depiction of real events, and a character perspective of a westerner in the Meiji period of japanese history. in typical fashion it's "based on" but it's not as retarded as say making Robert the Bruce a subsaharan man who runs around in wicker armor

anyone that uses "mutt" outside of Any Forums should be hanged by the neck until dead

my fucking sides

Tbh the ending was pretty shitty that the emperor dropped everything with the west, the lesson should have been to advance with the west while still respecting their own culture. But otherwise stellar film.

He has no Daimyo. He CANNOT BE (by definition) a Samurai. What is obvious tho is Algren found his own culture to be garbage and because he was much of a city slicker and a troubled soul so he found some kind of spiritual awakening living in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains and forest. I guess you wouldn't understand what living in high mountains surrounded by forest does to a man.

piss poor bad guy too. cruise is equally as bad as him.

"Samurai" is plural in the title. I guess people would have been confused if it was called "the last samurais"

It sort of illustrates the various reactive cultural forces in japan that really did cause problems for it as it reopened to the world and played catch up with industry and technology. it couldn't go into detail about how this that and the other changes social dynamics now that various technology has opened up new prospects for this person, or that x group's power was now organically waning, etc. This period saw the budding of the ego protecting philosophies whose rejection of western influences saw the rise of the militant junta of the 20th century.

Pretty funny when interviews back then about the movie have a Cruise stating Katsumoto and his clan are the titular last Samurai

A central plot point was WTF was an american guy doing in Japan. So it was contestualized
Now compared it instead with the random basketball americans put in fantasy and historical fiction of european setting with no explanation aside "if you whine about it you are an incel" or something. With the valyrian kangz being the most recent case

Attached: Negrayon.jpg (2000x1000, 252.71K)

Well, valyrian glass is also a synonym of obsidian and guess the color

Except he was the only one that lived to tell the tale, told the emperor about how Katsumoto died and returned back to the qt Nip woman (whose husband he killed). Nobody gives a fuck about the dead Japs.

Attached: 1567882997922.jpg (960x639, 76.61K)