What the fuck was that Better Call Saul ending

he embraced who he was and loved it and it showed in Breaking Bad and you're telling me he just throws away his whole life for a bitch that couldn't even act good enough to show that she even pretend she liked him?
i agree with that other thread, what a cuck ending. 100% Vince Gilligan is a fucking actual cuck and let's his boyfriend's asshole get drilled by other dudes while he jerks it into the toilet. fucking queers.
can't believe i ever thought this show would get good at some point.
inb4 "filtered errrrr lawyerkino"

Attached: BNiOUtgH0A.png (190x210, 96.31K)

The defenders are trying to conflate some sort of personal redemption but the ending is a lot more twisted than that, because he had already sacrificed his reputation earlier in the seasons to bail out of scamming the old ladies. The courtroom was just another act in that cycle. He ultimately didn’t change.

>what the fuck was that Better Call Saul ending
cuckshit

ya, super weak. whole show amounted to nothing and all it did was basically make me think the writers are legitimately retarded
and what the fuck is wrong with Rhea Seehorn, even in the post series thank you portion, she literally couldn't show an ounce of emotion. she might actually be a legitimate retard.

>He ultimately didn’t change.
This. Then they try to explain it away like “He changed by realizing he would never change, so he got himself locked away and finally accepted responsibility.” It’s such bullshit. Its a “redemption” ending without any actual redemption.

digits and it was a good ending

Attached: checvkem.jpg (502x500, 39.29K)

wholly agree here. they forced a redemption ending when the best ending would've been anything other than that. shit i'd have taken an ending where he gets caught, takes the 7 years, gets out and gets back to trying to step around the issue of not being able to practice law by offering advice for $ or just generally going back to doing what he always did.

impressive, came here thinking it was a bad idea but the double zeroes changed my mind. BCS had the best ending out of any show.

*bad ending

Yup. And if they wanted a redemption ending, they should’ve started a LOT sooner instead of wasting so much of the season.

They also wasted a lot of time establishing a tragic flaw thats never resolved. Jimmy’s flaw is that he uses others’ maltreatment of him as a reason to abandon his morals. He splits the world into “me vs them.” It’s embodied in the speech he gave to the girl he selected for the scholarship. He gets treated objectively bad, is punished when he tries to do good, feels ostracized, believes goodness is pointless, and stops doing good. Thats his flaw.

Instead the finale treats “failure to accept responsibility for the consequences of his actions” as his tragic flaw, when that’s just a side effect of his disillusionment/broken spirit. They solve that in the end, in half an episode, and it feels so goddamned cheap.

>Years later, to end a plague on Thebes, Oedipus searched to find who had killed Laius and discovered that he himself was responsible. Jocasta, upon realizing that she had married her own son, hanged herself. Oedipus then seized two pins from her dress and blinded himself with them.

>he had already sacrificed his reputation earlier in the seasons to bail out of scamming the old ladies
Yes, but he wasn't Saul back then, idiot.

>we want the "finale episode of Seinfeld" audience

it was so lackluster that i dont even care to rewatch it or any of the series including breaking bad any time soon
thanks you stupid fucking niggers, you couldntve picked one of the other endings?

Attached: cringe.png (551x550, 470.53K)

We sure got it.

Dudeee, breaking bad still holds up.

That changes nothing in regards to how he deals with wanting to make amends to gain the approval of the woman he thinks he loves

I think the show runners and most of the cast (Odenkirk, Banks, Esposito) we’re getting tired of the time gaps between production of seasons/Covid/delay due to heart attack/El Camino filming. This should’ve ended two years ago but it dragged on and everyone has lost their minds and focus. Whatever creative spark that made seasons 1-4 great started fading and the finale was result of them letting go. Particularly Gould and Gilligan. They might talk big about missing this universe but you can tell by the podcast interviews this season they’ve been over BCS for awhile but needed to see it through.

I enjoy parts of the ending but people who say shit like "he changed!" or "he proved Chuck wrong!" piss me off.
Chuck was talking about low stakes scams and pranks when he was berating Jimmy, the shit Saul gets up to in Breaking Bad or hell, even with Lalo and the cartel, is beyond Chuck's worst nightmares. Everything he did already proved Chuck right. And in the end he didn't change.
Change is going in a new direction, not deciding to stop going in any direction.
Jimmy finally acknowledged after Gene that he really did hurt people and couldn't live with it.
I get they wanted to make it 'bittersweet' but they also clearly wanted to try and make it seem like Saul finding some peace, but they did a poor job.
The color doesn't come back save for the fleeting cigarette. He seems miserable in jail despite the fanfare from other inmates. With how it's presented it doesn't feel like Saul found any peace at all and it makes him fucking up the deal feel pointless. It comes off less bittersweet and more plain bitter.

Basically this. I can go for downer endings, cliche endings, sappy endings, redemption endings, whatever. As long as its good. But BCS’s ending left such a bad taste in my mouth, not only do I have no desire to rewatch the series, I actually dont feel like getting into any new shows. I don’t want to get invested into anything that cant wrap itself up and devolves into trash.

>Change is going in a new direction, not deciding to stop going in any direction.
Jimmy finally acknowledged after Gene that he really did hurt people and couldn't live with it.
This. It feels so bitter, depressing, and nihilistic, which is probably why it appeals to Reddit and the critics. It technically hits all the necessary beats, but it feels really shallow, meaningless and defeatist.

Before the finally yes. But after the better call saul finale I cant see breaking bad the same anymore because of what fate jimmy chose which changes even his saul goodman character in breaking bad

I feel like they feared being cheesy too hard and came off too bitter for it.
There's merit in the idea Jimmy could be happy in jail with inmates who think he's like a celebrity. That he could give legal advice and work his magic just to try and help people. They could've given him a clear silver lining.
If Jimmy fucks himself over, sees the problems he causes and owns up to them then he deserves some solace. Otherwise, why own up to it at all?