I tried watching "good" anime films. I wasn't too impressed. They're pretty juvenile compared to real cinema...

I tried watching "good" anime films. I wasn't too impressed. They're pretty juvenile compared to real cinema. There's only one I would consider truly great. Even video games have more artistic value.

Attached: img_0235.png (739x554, 339.17K)

Anime is the lowest form of media by far. Teen dramas have more to say than they do.

>real cinema

Attached: 1660786570110.jpg (710x720, 247.48K)

>hey're pretty juvenile compared to real cinema.
Let me guess, your "real cinema" is Star Wars and capeshit?

Anime is generally shit
only anime dudes that actually make good stuff are
>Tomino
>Murase
>Oshii
and that’s it
that’s all of ‘em :|
whataboutery
which one

Attached: D2182B7F-B162-488E-AEE5-6CE8635D07B3.jpg (1000x563, 77.92K)

>whataboutery
Ha! So I was right!
And, no, it's not whataboutism. When you compare something to "real cinema", what exactly you consider "real cinema" becomes very relevant.

Try Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend. Apocalyptic kino. With boobs.

Attached: nursie getting rekt.gif (364x273, 957.69K)

video games have no artistic value, nor does anime, nor does cinema
read some books

anime is garbage and always will be. Japanese cannot write good stories, especially convincing dialogue.
move on

>too cowardly to name the one anime movie
>too cowardly to say what "real cinema" is

Enjoy your (You)

Attached: 1660776027827723.png (800x700, 505.69K)

>>Tomino
Legitimately the most talentless hack in the entire industry. You are a cinematically illiterate, terminally online aspie who spent too much time in mecha autism circles and got brainwashed into believing he's a good director. Hopefully you will reevaluate your standards and your life.

cringe tryhard pseud

I didn’t compare it to “real cinema”
however, if you want real cinema you should watch pick related
>most talentless hack
that would be Shinkai
Tomino is comparable to David Mamet in terms of quality output and even in terms of dialogue and presentation
hating Tomino is often a sign of autism in young adults

Attached: B25FFEB7-4B72-406C-BBEB-F06A312E899E.jpg (1600x900, 235.97K)

>especially convincing dialogue.
Let me guess: You understand not a single word of Japanese and get your knowledge of that dialogue from bad English translations?

>pick related
Kek. You have horrible taste and even worse orthography.

I see you’ve conceded

Trying a micdrop, child?

No, I’ve already won.

Keep telling that to yourself.
That you even thought this was about "winning" is incredibly telling.

This isn’t reddit. Posts like that aren’t winning you points.
Besides, you’ve already conceded

>winning
>conceded
Again this retarded mentality. Apparently you aren't interested in intellectual honesty and an open debate. Apparently you're just here to shitpost.

Your intellectual ineptitude has caused you to lose.
My logical abilities have caused me to win.
Debates have winners and losers.
You lost today, but thats fine. It’s not like you’re going to get castrated for it.

>My logical abilities have caused me to win.
Ahahahahahahahahahaha.
Sure. You just need to claim a win to "win a debate". This is literally the extent of your "logical abilities".
Anyway, last reply for you. You're not worth my time if you don't even want to better yourself.

The problem with recommending decent anime to anyone is that most western people who are normal clearly pick up on the degeneracy and perversion inherent in all of it. i.e. NGE - gratuitous shots of asuka in lewd positions. All of it appears correctly fucked up to the untrained eye. Those of us who were socialized to accept it as normal and just par for the course (Japanese are just like that) don't notice it as much and are able to look past it. But the average person will see it as strange.

That said, I'm not sure studio ghibli fits my description. I'm not sure what your issue would be with them, they're just like Japanese disney cartoons.