You all missed the point so hard. Saul didn’t choose 86 years over 7 years to impress Kim. He did it to change...

You all missed the point so hard. Saul didn’t choose 86 years over 7 years to impress Kim. He did it to change. Earlier in the episode he was fully prepared to throw Kim under the bus just for some ice cream, but after finding out she already confessed what he was gonna say, he realises it’s time to leave Saul behind. Why else do you think half the episode was him asking others what they would change with a time machine? Why do you think he says “I’m McGill” in the courtroom? Why do you think there’s a flashback with chuck, who previously said “he’ll never change”? The episode spells it out for you time and again but since you’re all so sexually frustrated you think he’s just simping for Kim

Attached: 23BE33E3-1E66-43C1-8DB8-0203516E1941.jpg (800x800, 148.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0cZr8hWy5sI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i agree

Attached: 745D0D76-FC5D-4C52-AEA9-0DB04E05F83F.jpg (193x266, 17.61K)

>Earlier in the episode he was fully prepared to throw Kim under the bus just for some ice cream
I'm pretty sure that was part of his ploy all along

I'm pretty sure you've gotta be 18 to post here.

We know we just don't care it's a faggoty and retarded ending do gooder bullshit we wanted a scummy saul ending

Its gnostic subtext
not meant for most

>Why do you think there’s a flashback with chuck, who previously said “he’ll never change”?
So he could prove Chuck wrong by locking himself up forever, away from society because if he didn't he'd go right back to being Slipping Jimmy because he's incapable of change, Duh!

Blah blah blah, you are as boring as the show

He changed his mind on the plane, when the black guy told him that kim offered herself up for financial ruin. That revealed to him that Kim has yet to move on after 6 years. "Oh Kimmy my sun you have not forgotten me after all. I dont want you to be another one of my regrets. Gotta join you on the martyr act so I can stay in your orbit mwah".

*bald. not black

care to elaborate?

youtu.be/0cZr8hWy5sI

>Calls himself McGill
>Is treated as Saul for the rest of his life, doesn't bother trying to change that perception
>Sacrifices his standing to do the "right thing"
>But he did that three times already in previous seasons
Best you can say is that he intentionally locked himself away cause he knew he'll never change and will only hurt people, but that's the sort of weird moral reasoning that belongs in fantasy stories. Might as well drink a cup of cyanide immediately after his confession, makes about as much sense.

You also missed the point, he wouldnt throw Kim under the bus with the Howard case obviously, because he would lie and said nothing about Kim involvement with Howard dead, and only about his. Kim was the only close person in his live, he basically put his Saul persona because Kim left to cope with it. They were literally soulmates. Also Rhea in interview said that the ending is open to interpretation but in her vision Kim will visit Saul, and help him to get shorter sentence.

this, "nah I choose to die in prison." fucking retarded.

>But he did that three times already in previous seasons
What kind of logic is this? Because he sometimes did the "right thing?" on a minor scale it makes up for the years of criminal activity and all the evil shit he helped facilitat?

>chuck
sneed lole

I agree with this except you missed the part about him involving Kim with his Howard confession, he probably would have left her out of it, it wasn't designed to fuck her over

>Might as well drink a cup of cyanide immediately after his confession, makes about as much sense.
Why? He's not suicidal, he just wants to finally be honest in his life and confess

This is only true for zeta timeline Saul.

Attached: 1658800675077778.png (798x449, 474.8K)

Wrong, he saw that Kim was willing to confess even though it set her up for personal ruin and it inspired him to do the same thing

the only bad part of the finale and a lot of eps is no memorable music

The point being that this isn't a big character changing choice for him, it's more of the same on the largest scale yet. Jimmy just finds new ways to fall on a sword for Kim, or Chuck, or for the friendship of old ladies.
He didn't go in a new direction, just the bottom of the spiral he's been on since he first slipped. After a year or two in prison he'll be doing new schemes, and finding new and inventive ways to sacrifice himself.

I agree, I don't mind the concepts so much, I just think the season in general was boring and delivered without passion
They crammed way too much into the last episode two, it would've been nice to get 2-3 episodes where we see Saul's mindset more, see him talking to other prisoners more, maybe accepting that he can learn to live in jail rather than bullshitting his way out of it yet again

Jimmy is a pathetic cuck.

based + OP is a colossal faggot

>>Calls himself McGill
>>Is treated as Saul for the rest of his life, doesn't bother trying to change that perception
That’s the point. Odenkirk went on the record and said that “this proves Jimmy CAN change! So le chuck was..LE WRONG”
But jimmy changed too late, the damage is done. Everyone sees him as saul, and only ‘changed’ and did the right thing when the alternative was taking the plea, getting out in 7 years with Kim hating his guts, and having no one. He’s just fall back into scams and get arrested again or just kill himself.

What's the point of changing yourself if you immediately lose your freedom?

So if it only took one episode for him to develop, why were there six fucking seasons?

Saul really got stuck with the worst ending compared to Walt, Jesse, and Kim. Even he doesn’t deserve a life sentence.

dont worry, Vince the Hack is probably working on a movie or miniseries called Back to Jimmy or some shit as I type this

>The point being that this isn't a big character changing choice for him, it's more of the same on the largest scale yet.
>He didn't go in a new direction, just the bottom of the spiral he's been on since he first slipped. After a year or two in prison he'll be doing new schemes, and finding new and inventive ways to sacrifice himself.
Fair point, but I think it's because it's such a grand and finite scale that it IS different. There isn't really any Slippin' Jimmy stuff he can do in prison, he doesn't have nearly the same potential to hurt people like he would on the outside. Rather than doing something like Chicanery and convince himself later that he'll turn over a new leave and make up with Chuck, he literally cannot do it.
This is finally a decision to take the impetus of his life out of his hands, to ensure he can't do anything to anyone ever again.
>Jimmy just finds new ways to fall on a sword for Kim, or Chuck, or for the friendship of old ladies.
Again I think you're missing the point, he wasn't doing this solely for Chuck or for Kim, of course their opinion matters to him, but it was mainly just to live with himself, because he couldn't live with what happened to Howard and other things (Saul Goodman was basically his attempt to run away from confronting that reality)

We’ve already gone over this. His behavior is just a repeat of him destroying his reputation to bail out of the Irene Landry scam, which he did for Kim. That’s Jimmy’s thing. He does horrible things then feels remorse and tries to make up for it. Of course he did it for “himself” but his self esteem is largely reliant on how Kim sees him. He ultimately didn’t really change