12 monkeys is the only good time travel kino

>You know what crazy is? Crazy is majority rules. Take germs, for example. In the eighteenth century, no such thing, nada, nothing. No one ever imagined such a thing. No sane person, anyway. Ah! Ah! Along comes this doctor, uh, uh, uh, Semmelweis, Semmelweis. Semmelweis comes along. He's trying to convince people, well, other doctors mainly, that's there's these teeny tiny invisible bad things called germs that get into your body and make you sick. Ah? He's trying to get doctors to wash their hands. What is this guy? Crazy? Teeny, tiny, invisible? What do you call it? Uh-uh, germs? Huh? What? Now, cut to the 20th century. Last week, as a matter of fact, before I got dragged into this hellhole. I go in to order a burger in this fast food joint, and the guy drops it on the floor. Jim, he picks it up, he wipes it off, he hands it to me like it's all OK. "What about the germs?" I say. He says, "I don't believe in germs. Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Now he's crazy, right? See?

"Cole has been thrust from another world into ours and he's confronted by the confusion we live in, which most people somehow accept as normal. So he appears abnormal, and what's happening around him seems random and weird. Is he mad or are we?"
—Terry Gilliam

Attached: 12-monkeys-review-willis-pitt.jpg (780x470, 43.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_schizophrenia
youtu.be/UAVImvzFhXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm in insurance.

>make twelve friends. world ends.
What did God meme bui this?

Attached: christ-on-the-cross-mihaly-munkacsy.jpg (900x572, 108.5K)

woah dude like no way

Attached: _106121139_bill_ted_alamy.jpg (976x549, 89.35K)

Best film for everyone involved

The line was "I'm Insurance"

She wasn't de-aged, so she must have come from the future.

Terry Gilliam is my favorite director, even if most of his movies are physically uncomfortable to watch.

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is very underrated.

Attached: The-Fisher-King-cover.jpg (531x797, 63.76K)

there's 12 monkeys ova HERE
there's 12 monkeys ova THERE

What ever. I'm CRMO.

>There's no right, there's no wrong, there's only popular opinion
Woah holy

how to prep? just get a bunch of boom sticks and ammo?

12 Monkeys
Bill and Ted
The Time Machine OG
Time After Time
Back to the Future
The Terminator

>I don't really come from outer space. I find myself on the planet Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate the barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though this is a totally convincing reality for me in every way, nevertheless Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

Attached: 20220620_213335.jpg (4608x3456, 2.77M)

I keep watching a season of the show every year or so then forgetting about it

on jah this is some real shit

What did he mean by this?

Attached: CG64Ra5UcAA13O_.jpg (778x326, 25K)

He was an unironic schizo talking to a real time traveler.

Doesn't the film want us to question if someone is schizo or actually going through real sci fi shiet?

Best scene is when Keller calls the psychiatrist about the WWI bullet she took out of Bruce Willis's leg

Attached: 12.jpg (1600x1500, 245.94K)

It really is a great film. It has a interesting and unique style and some top notch acting.

DAE le society? xD

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_schizophrenia

Stein's gate is better, but is anime.

>was a diagnostic category used in the Soviet Union
lol fuck off putlerchud

interesting take. I suppose it does blur the lines between the two

Attached: cat-road-trip-3.jpg (680x447, 41.08K)

Did you really read as far as that as your rotten brain kicked into autopilot?
The entire thing is a demonization of the Soviet Union for this completely fabricated illness they applied to dissenters
You're a moron
>merely pretending

youtu.be/UAVImvzFhXI

No idea what "putlerchud" means. But fuck the politicization of psychiatry. You're fucking evil.